Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a stainless steel version of the rear wheel and sprocket retaining rings? I'm overhauling my rear end. I have removed the rear axle and hub to be cleaned up and regreased. I'm putting on an AEM quick change sprocket setup and some new wheel and sprocket nuts. I'd rather not put the corroded grimy looking oem retaining rings back on in their current condition, so I'm here to see if anyone knows of an alternative.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I've only seen aluminum and Ti. The aluminum ones end up being thicker and cause issues with using the cotter rings on them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've only seen aluminum and Ti. The aluminum ones end up being thicker and cause issues with using the cotter rings on them.
Have a link?

edit: nevermind. I think you're confusing the nut with the retaining rings I was referring to which prevent the nuts from backing out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corroded grimy looking?

30 seconds with brake parts cleaner and a steel or brass toothbrush would take care of that....
Tried that. It doesn't get all of it off and returns quickly. Looking for a longer term solution.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I'm going to try cleaning it up and bluing it. I just remembered I still have some bluing solution. It should keep it smooth and rust free.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Think I'm going to try cleaning it up and bluing it. I just remembered I still have some bluing solution. It should keep it smooth and rust free.

When you blue it takes all the oils out of that piece. And if you don't keep up on lubricating of said piece it will rust out faster and look worse.

My personal opinion I wouldn't blue any part on a newer Ducati. I think that is meant for classic/trailer queens(and guns of course) . Because of the up keep on said blued parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts