Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dragged my shiftlever and bent it up at the track today. I'm needing some options for rearsets, acculigns look nice but 500+ for a set is fairly high and I'm not really worried about having infinite adjustments. Captured on camera here is me crapping my pants as the rear wheel is being levered towards the edge of the track.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Very nice picture

I would never guess you were in trouble! By the way, although I'm on a 999 I wanted to chime in. After looking at rearsets I got a great deal on a set of DP. Since then I have seen various nice items from DP and have received some good deals on them too. Might be worth a look to see what they have because almost all of the stuff I have seen is easily as cool as, if not cooler than the other brands. Just a thought...

RickL said:
So I dragged my shiftlever and bent it up at the track today. I'm needing some options for rearsets, acculigns look nice but 500+ for a set is fairly high and I'm not really worried about having infinite adjustments. Captured on camera here is me crapping my pants as the rear wheel is being levered towards the edge of the track.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You look like you're quick a tall chap.....

After looking at your picture the first thing that stuck me is you're not getting off the bike very much?!? Body position has bigger effect on lean angles / cornering than you think. If you lean off the bike more you lower the centre of gravity, and as thus the bike lean required to counter act centrifugal force is less while keeping the same corner speed. No doubt you need to raise your pegs, but 1st on the list would be to alter your body position going through corners.

You look like your weight is on top of the bike pushing it down, also you have massive lean and your sliders are a good couple of inches off the ground. Your body weight should be more forward leaning over the inside of the tank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I know all that now but 20 minutes into my first ever time on a racetrack hanging off the side of the bike was a bit intimidating. The control riders up there were really helpful and would lead/follow with you and chat it up after sessions and that helped a great deal as far as cleaning up my riding.

DP= Ducati Performance?

·
Registered
11 Posts
BillTheCat said:
AVVI from European Motorcycle Accessories $375.00 :yo:

I got those too.....work just fine for the price. Also not expensive and hard to get replacement pegs in the event needed.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
If you can bring yourself to install some Jap parts on you Italian Stallion, try Sato. I have them on my 600RR and love them!

Jason

ps. Nice pic, glad you kept it up right.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I heard the Acculine were not very durable in a crash.

I also did my first ever track day yesterday. I was at Talladega. Only one problem. Now I'm hooked.

T

·
0 Posts
supercowthe3rd said:
You look like you're quick a tall chap.....

After looking at your picture the first thing that stuck me is you're not getting off the bike very much?!? Body position has bigger effect on lean angles / cornering than you think. If you lean off the bike more you lower the centre of gravity, and as thus the bike lean required to counter act centrifugal force is less while keeping the same corner speed. No doubt you need to raise your pegs, but 1st on the list would be to alter your body position going through corners.

You look like your weight is on top of the bike pushing it down, also you have massive lean and your sliders are a good couple of inches off the ground. Your body weight should be more forward leaning over the inside of the tank.

+1
Get off the bike more and you won't drag the levers!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts