Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these? I am not looking for any opinions on engeneering, just asthetics, would you buy them? Do you like them? Sift lever has folding tow peg, brake side will be stock shift arm or an optiontional one with adjustable folding peg.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,711 Posts
Did you design these?

They look a lot like another Ergal product I have seen in anodised gold. What are they made of? If they are similar in design to the gold ergals I have seen, be careful of the gear connecting rod lever fouling with the fairing lower.

Pegs look a bit too standard for me, and could be a bit more knurly perhaps? My foot slips off the standard pegs too easily. But other than that they look ok to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I am designing these...Pegs are really knurled and sharp, on my race bike I file them down so I can move around more. I will have to change the gearshift lever around a bit.

·
Banned
12,711 Posts
what are you making them from? Good effort.

Yeah that tab on the bottom of the shift lever looks a little long. I have seen a similar set as I mentioned, that you couldn't utilize the bottom back row of holes on because they fouled the fairing. The whole main bracket needed to be raised a tad.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There gonna be 7075

I think Im gonna put a oem style lever on the gear side, a shorty hinged in the stock location with an adjustable toe peg. The lever in the pic won't work, I looked at the bike again, will hit fairing for sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know adjustment and weight is important, but TOO swiss cheesed for my taste, looks like it could compromise strength as well. Just an opinion, I currently have the Sato's Type 1

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, design is finalized! This is the new Attack Performance 1098/848 Rearset. Going into production next week. 16 way adjustable per side, can go lower than stock, folding adjustable toe pegs, carbon gaurds, quick change peg.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
about 25 mm, and you can go back 20mm from stock as well. Im gonna run mine lower since it's just a commuter, a bit more leg room.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Loose the silver coloured toe peg and the rubber sleeve and just make a black knurled aluminium one.Just my 02 cents of course.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I think you should send me a pair or these for testing...

Jason =] No seriously!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice

Alright, design is finalized! This is the new Attack Performance 1098/848 Rearset. Going into production next week. 16 way adjustable per side, can go lower than stock, folding adjustable toe pegs, carbon guards, quick change peg.
gsxr1k. I have been looking for new rear sets since I have had my 1098. 10 months and no go yet. A lot of the reason is that most won't go DOWN and away. I'm tall and have long legs and a little more room in the length would be welcome. A full inch, which seems is what you have done would be GREAT.

How Much? When? Can you put some kind of Black backing on the adjustment area so it doesn't look so full of holes? Just a little backing or something. I have to assume that you have done strength tests on the set and it's all good for a big fella like me? 225 Lbs??

If you can't put the backing on them I'm sure I can come up with a way to do it on my own.

Let me know on the price and availability.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, I don't want to start posting prices and such because im not here to advertise, just a new 1098 owner that is sharing a project. You can go to attackperformance.com to get an idea of pricing, about the same as the rest of the stuff.

Strength? Well same design fundamentals as the rest of our stuff which was developed for AMA racing over 15 years.

Can't put the backing on to cover the holes, sorry.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As a side note, what CAD program are you designing these with? I'm sort of a CAD hobbyist. Just learning Solidworks a little now. Used to use Cadkey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts