Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the plunge yet? I love my 821 Stripe, but the pain in my leg after an hour and a half of riding is making me consider selling it. Has anyone tried either the CNC Racing or Ducabike Rearsets yet? Did it significantly help resolve the absurd foot position from the factory?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, as it turns out, I won't be able to offer any insight on the rearsets as I traded my 821 Stripe in for an 899 Panigale today.
You got pains in your legs after a while on the 821 but have gone to the 899. Hows it feel? I would have thought the panigale would have your legs bent up even more so.
I think the seat tank junction on the 821 is too narrow, which I find puts pressure on my hips if I try squeezing the tank. Also having the seat in low position leaves the legs cramped after a while. Rear sets are too expensive though:(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Figured if I am going to be a bit uncomfortable, I may as well really commit to it. ��

I have only had the opportunity to ride the 899 home from the dealership during rush hour so I can't honestly offer a good assessment yet, as I don't think I was able to ride without stopping for more than a few minutes at a time. My legs being bent up isn't the problem, it was the outward rotation of my heels caused by the passenger pegs supports that was causing my knee pain. The Panigale is going to be a rack for sure, but will be better suited to the track, where I am planning on spending a lot more time this coming spring. It just didn't make sense to me to throw $1000 at a potential fix for the problem and still not be on the bike I really want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.