Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
If they make these for the Monster 821.. for this price.. I'm ALL over that. $1,000 is just not worth it (to me), but, $389US.. Count me in.. But as DucRider2112 said, there's no option for the MOnster 821 on the website.
:(

·
Registered
108 Posts
THB from youtube installed some Rizoma adjustable pegs on his Monster 1200. He said it helped on the ergos. I also ordered one but a generic brand and waiting for it. Might be a very cost effective solution.

I still have my eyes on rearsets though. I saw one before on ebay 2 days ago but I could not find them anymore. Rearsets that cost less than 200USD from Italy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I added up all the parts and things i wanted to add to my Monster 821...then i went and traded it in for a Panigale 959 instead. Love the new bike! The dealership ended up giving me back nearly all my money $9250 vs the $9500 i paid for the bike so I couldn't turn down the trade in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ok so those Gecko Rearsets are insanely tempting.. I'm not torn between the Rizoma adjustable pegs and those.. Here's the dilemma I have.. I'm not exactly a bike mechanic.. which probably shocks some of you because I own a Ducati (lol), but on a scale of what to 5.. 5 being the most difficult.. how tricky would swapping out a rearset be? I would assume that the difficulty lies in the new brake pedal and shifter.. more specifically the shifter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I added up all the parts and things i wanted to add to my Monster 821...then i went and traded it in for a Panigale 959 instead. Love the new bike! The dealership ended up giving me back nearly all my money $9250 vs the $9500 i paid for the bike so I couldn't turn down the trade in.
Would you mind comparing/contrasting the ride on the panigale vs the monster?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Would you mind comparing/contrasting the ride on the panigale vs the monster?
Sure, I'm still a new rider so these two are the only bikes I have experience with, I got the Monster 821 in June 2015 and just traded it in for the Panigale 959 here in February.

I feel the Panigale is better in almost every way, it really feels futuristic in comparison. The bike responds to any command you give it easily. There's no more vibration in the handle bars, I feel much more in control. It also feels significantly lighter. I have a lot more confidence on the Panigale in that it will go where I want it to go. If you haven't tried one I would go for a test drive and see what you think!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.