Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on another site. Contact your dealer if it effects you (like it will mine):

Ducati SBK 1098 Motorcycles - Timing Belt Tensioners

Date: 20/03/2007

Supplier Name: Ducati Motor Holding

Product Make: Ducati

Product Model: SBK 1098 motorcycle

Target Number: 72

Model Years From: 2007

Consequences: If the tensioners were to lock up against the cyliner cover this could cause the engine to stall.

Campaign Number: 717/07

VIN Range:

Serial Range: ZDM1098W4*000012* to ZDM1098W4*000879

Product Info: 2007 model

Defect Details: Replacement of two of the engine timing belt tensioners.

Consumer action: Contact your Authorised Ducati Dealer as soon as possible to arrange for the inspection to be carried out.

Market Coverage: National

Recall Coverage: National

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link will open in a new window and take you out of the Product Recalls Australia site.

The Department of Transport and Regional Services has overall policy responsibility for monitoring the conduct and outcomes of motor vehicle safety recalls in Australia.

G

·
I was told they check the belt tensioners at first service, just had mine and forgot to ask. Let me know what happens D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI this is the response I got from my dealer's mechanic:

Hi Duanne,

The timing belt tensioner recall is not active in Australia as yet, as there are no parts available to implement this repair. The normal procedure in this instance, is your receipt of a letter from Ducati, advising you of the recall, and this will only happen when the replacement belt rollers are available.
Until then, please continue to use and enjoy your motorcycle as normal.

Paul Martinello
Service Manager
Ducati Adelaide

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
didn't these clowns know not to buy the first years version of a new bike.....i'll wait till they sort out the issues then buy next years....

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Apparently they are all part of a club.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts