Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so maybe its more of a service update. Not a major recall but somewhat unsettling. Yes it was nice of Ducati to send me an e-mail to get my 24 month service (whatever that is) the msg also said that my bike should be checked for any needed upgrades to the electronics.

So I went to the service dept at my local dealer and had them check for any necessary maintenance. They did find a bulletin for a recall of a part on the Slave and what appeared to be some sort of case guard at the countershaft. The bulletin was from Mar or April of 2014. Affecting 13/14 panis.

So the slightly unsettling part is that when I asked why I hadn't been notified the response was that in the bulletin it was stated not to alert the customer to only perform at their request

So unless you directly asked about any outstanding recalls (this one seemed minor) you would not get the upgrade.

Makes ya wonder how often they exercise this policy!

Kinda shady...

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Okay so maybe its more of a service update. Not a major recall but somewhat unsettling. Yes it was nice of Ducati to send me an e-mail to get my 24 month service (whatever that is) the msg also said that my bike should be checked for any needed upgrades to the electronics.

So I went to the service dept at my local dealer and had them check for any necessary maintenance. They did find a bulletin for a recall of a part on the Slave and what appeared to be some sort of case guard at the countershaft. The bulletin was from Mar or April of 2014. Affecting 13/14 panis.

So the slightly unsettling part is that when I asked why I hadn't been notified the response was that in the bulletin it was stated not to alert the customer to only perform at their request

So unless you directly asked about any outstanding recalls (this one seemed minor) you would not get the upgrade.

Makes ya wonder how often they exercise this policy!

Kinda shady...
GM and Mazda do the same only when it is a safety issue do they notify, similar in the aviation business and we typically charge for SB that are considered improvement but not needed.

Reactions: ENZOSO

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my understanding not safety related. But at the same time if the engineers decided it was a necessary fix I feel everyone should be notified.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
That was my understanding not safety related. But at the same time if the engineers decided it was a necessary fix I feel everyone should be notified.

Can't speak for Ducati but it's not typically a decision made by one department. Customer support is usually the driver but the decision is management of the combined departments customer support, sales, marketing, quality, production and engineering. Engineering typically has the say of if its a safety issue and designs options for a replacement solution. But we all decide it's not made in a vacuum. Although customer support always wants to give it away 😜

Reactions: ENZOSO
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.