Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,
Just bought a 2007 1098 and I see that there are two "safety campaigns" on it. One for the rear sprocket and one for a voltage regulator issue. Do the techs enter these into a computer somewhere when they do them so that owners can enter the VIN and find out if these have been completed on the bike? thanx...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Funnily enough 50km on my 1098 Tricolore and it’s still on it’s original sprocket and reg/rectifier, never received a recall but only know of the sprocket recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've seen what happens when the rear sprockets let go. Get it changed. It's FREE. Anybody who gets 50,000 Kms out of one of the original sprockets must ride like a pussy. The voltage regulator may or may not be a good one. It gets a revised battery case with insulation regardless. Again, it's FREE.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The other thing that seems to go south on the 1098, 1098S, and 1098R, more than any other model. is the thermister - the little gizmo that senses low gas and turns on the light-fuel warning light. If you hit about 95 - 100 miles on a tank and the light hasn't come on that's a likely problem.

Pjk

·
Registered
14 Posts
The other thing that seems to go south on the 1098, 1098S, and 1098R, more than any other model. is the thermister - the little gizmo that senses low gas and turns on the light-fuel warning light. If you hit about 95 - 100 miles on a tank and the light hasn't come on that's a likely problem.

Pjk
My gas low thing has gone out twice. It’s a little bit of a pain to change. My bike has about 20k miles. It doesn’t sit for very long in between rides here in San Diego.

·
Registered
995 Posts
My gas low thing has gone out twice. It’s a little bit of a pain to change. My bike has about 20k miles. It doesn’t sit for very long in between rides here in San Diego.
I actually coasted into a gas station once. And once I pushed a 1098R for about a mile. Ain't easy.

Pjk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Twice I’ve run out Of gas. But, I’ve been damn lucky each time, like you coasting into the gas station. My friend, whom I’ve ridden with since the 7th grade and we are both 63, had a collapsable gas can on his CBR 1000. He brought me a gallon of gas. I‘ve got the light part on my bench right now for the third one to be installed. All OEM parts. I’m now in the habit of filling up at about 95 miles. I don’t trust the light anymore. I’ve had my bike for almost 3 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Twice I’ve run out Of gas. But, I’ve been damn lucky each time, like you coasting into the gas station. My friend, whom I’ve ridden with since the 7th grade and we are both 63, had a collapsable gas can on his CBR 1000. He brought me a gallon of gas. I‘ve got the light part on my bench right now for the third one to be installed. All OEM parts. I’m now in the habit of filling up at about 95 miles. I don’t trust the light anymore. I’ve had my bike for almost 3 years.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts