Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 916 biposto. My rectifier wires are fried! Does anyone know which rectifier brand would be a good replacement? I'm looking for a heavy duty rectifier and I also want to relocate it under my rear passenger seat. I'm not very mechanical, but I can connect and disconnect a few wires! What I'm looking for is a kit that will help me relocate it. Anyone have any ideas?:rlwhore:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I replaced my fifth failed regulator/rectifier with an Electrex unit, extended the larger gauge wiring (see below) and mounted it on the underside of the license plate holder facing the rear tire where it’s hardly noticeable.

Just replacing the regulator without addressing the root causes of its failure (undersized stator wires, corroded in-line connectors, shorting of the insulation-damaged wires inside the common sheath, and overheating of the regulator due to inadequate cooling inside the fairing) is a waste of time and money.

Replace the stator wiring, eliminate the in-line connector to the regulator, and relocate the regulator.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for your input. A relocation is definitely going to happen. I don't want to keep throwing $$$ at this problem! I searching for a regulator that will last and stand up to my riding style, weather it's on the streets of my home town or the track I go to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts