Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 1098 up the spur yesterday, it was unbelievable, like riding on a rail. I cant wait to get kms up so I can give it heaps. I went up around 7 a couple of times and it boogies up there. There seems to be a flat spot where they ask for it to be run in ( 5 - 6.5) theres a dip in the power curve to, right where the noise test is done. I'm hoping the new ecu with the slip ons smooth it out a bit. I'm stoked, this bike exceeds all my expectations so far.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I thinking of going 14T like I you have DuanneB. I did the same on my 998 and its a bloody must! :)

Hey DuanneB how much did it cost you for the 14T + labour? Going to get it done at first service as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The sprocket cost $40 and total cost of service was meant to be $350, but I'd already done the oil and filter so it was less.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
have been thinking of the 14 tooth had it on the monster and it was a must not quite sure on the 1098 yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Would thoroughly recommend it. Really cleans up the low rev range (3-4k) and makes it just that much smoother at suburban speeds, while still retaining the progressive power delivery out of corners. And for $40, if you don't like it, it's hardly gonna break your wallet.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Duanne, have you got an exhaust yet? I've had slip ons ordered and changed my mind to get the full system to get rid of that butterfy thing. I've been quoted between $4500 and $4800 for the full termi kit and told there is a back order of 35 units. I'm thinking of Ultimap ecu and after market but cant find anyone who can supply the 70mm headers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts