Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned one of their first helmets since 2010 and it held up pretty good. I actually don't have anything to say about it but I was due for a new shell so I decided to buy a new replacement from them.

Put in an order at RevZilla who are awesome to work with btw. Anywho, I was really excited for a new helmet. I ordered the msx1r ($480). Long story short I had to exchange 3 times within a 3 week period due to paint defects underneath the clear coat. Byard from RevZilla had the 3rd helmet sent directly to them to look over and They informed me the paint was also bad. I decided to give them one last chance and rep from RevZilla stated that someone from Reevu was going to inspect it before mailing it out to me. Well, the 4th one was just as bad as the others. I emailed Reevu and posted on Twitter and Facebook asking what went wrong here since I liked their helmet. The excuse I got was that "someone must have been sleeping" and "we paint them all by hand." I think if you paint by hand it should come out good or great.

They have went as far as deleting my posts on their Facebook page. And don't even reply back to emails for support. These guys are complete bullshit and I will never buy from them ever again and I suggest the same to all of you as their quality is complete crap. They don't like honest comments or reviews. They think they are awesome, whatever. I suggest buyer beware on their products and poor quality. Sad that they went from great to poor. They lost a recurring customer and any recommendation. I know eventually other company's will come out with a better product.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Sucks to go through that crap. What are you going with? I'm in the process of looking at new lids as well!!
Stick to the good stuff, that has been proven for decades...Arai, Shoei, etc.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sucks to go through that crap. What are you going with? I'm in the process of looking at new lids as well!!
I'm probably going to head back to Shoei. Their helmets have always fit my head right. Probably because I'm Asian lol! I'm still looking around though. Schuberth is on the list to check out also. I need to find a place to try some on.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looks like a pretty small company and I wouldn't trust my head with a small company that has limited fundings for research...although others would argue that point.

You might consider the AGV Corsa/Pista. They cut through the wind at speeds like a knife. So light and the field of vision is so much larger that you don't even remember having a helmet on your head!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is funny. I had to repost this comment from a RevZilla review I gave. A guy from England who claims I am a competitor bashing the Reevu helmet but he looks to be from Reevu himself. Very funny. They did delete all of my social media posts so I suspect nothing less from this small brand of one helmet shop. I hope I can keep people away from them. They are pretty bad at PR.

"Customer avatar
Younger Than Springtime
England
At least understand what you are buying !
April 27, 2015
My friend has just been on the Revzilla site to buy a Reevu and brought this to my attention.
I am now in my late 70’s and have had every make of helmet you can think of. When I first saw a Reevu, I knew just by looking at it that it was a proper thing, a real helmet, and am now the proud owner of three, my first MSX1 still in great condition and apart from the other two Reevu’s I have, it is without doubt the best helmet I have ever had, even without the miraculous rear view system.
I detest unfounded comments and am compelled to write the following...
I am somewhat puzzled to the previous comments about the shell finish of Reevu Helmets, after four helmets you would have thought the penny might have dropped and I am surprised at Revzilla as they should know better. Reevu helmet shells are completely handmade for your benefit and with that comes slight imperfections. They are not your typical plastic moulded mass produced helmet.
Or is this just another comment from the Reevu competitors!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.