Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just delivered my Diamante Edition 02 Agusta F4S to its new owner this morning, and even though I've bought and sold many bikes over the past 20+ years I have been riding, I must say I'm going to miss the MV!

It was one of those bikes I just had to have, and I can honestly say owing it was an amazing experience. You couldn't leave it anywhere without it drawing a crowd or at the very least an enthusiast or two. Power was plentiful, handling was superb, and who could say anything about its looks?

When I sold my 03 999, it really didn’t bother me, neither did my 996, or my Monster, but something about the MV has left a sad tear in my eye.

I’m hoping when the 1098 comes in and replaces the empty spot of the MV, that lost love feeling with go away.

Anyone else have that one special ride they just couldn’t part with easy? Will the 1098 be a replacement bike for you? If so what bike(s) will it be replacing?

·
Registered
166 Posts
DucatiGuy said:
Will the 1098 be a replacement bike for you? If so what bike(s) will it be replacing?
I've got a bad habit of not selling anything :D
My problem is keeping them all exercised!! A nice problem to have :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've never sold anything that can compare to that MV!
I'm excited about getting my 1098, but I think I'd rather have that F4.
Just me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'am sorry to hear that, ive been having such a hard time getting my first bike and it was really tough. No one at home wanted to support the idea of me riding and no bank wanted to finance no credit. So I worked my ass off and saved everything I had and after nearly two years bought one with full gear and loved that R1 to death, I honestly don't remember ever missing a bike like that one. I think it was a mile stone in my life that is why it was such a big deal, no one but this one GF that I had understands that poor thing shed a few tears the night I sold it, cuz she had to suffer with me those two years of no movies or clubs or anything but she stuck by me. Christine R.I.P 2.21.04 she died in a bike accident due to a drunk driver.

·
Registered
328 Posts
vikingdrvr said:
I've got a bad habit of not selling anything :D
My problem is keeping them all exercised!! A nice problem to have :)
I'm kicking around the idea of a 625 Daytona. What are your impressions of the bike?

I know this is not a triumph forum, but posting here you may have a less biased opinion.

CAG

·
Registered
6 Posts
DucatiGuy i can somewhat understand where you are coming from.i felt the same way about a car that i sold a couple years ago.I think that sometimes in ouir lives we have to part with things ans sometimes we are not really sure if it was the right thing to do because we know how much we will miss them.Please let us know your personal opinion on the comparison between the mv and the 1098 when it arrives.In my opinion that has to be the best comparision in the world between two bikes.They both are in a class of their own and it will be interesting to hear first hand experience from a proud parent of both pieces of works of art.

Also,Edvin1098s congratulations on doing everything that you could possibly do to make the dream of owning an R1 by making many sacrifices,it shows your true passion for bikes that i think many members here including myself can relate to..BTW... i am sorry to hear about your loss,i myself have lost a fiance of my own due to a vehicle accident and it is something that you will always deal with for the rest of your life,just try to make the best of your future relationships because it will definately make you realize how much you need to enjoy someone who you care about because they can be gone forever before you know it.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
BIGRYAN, thanks for the kind words. I honestly have been having a hard time finding some one to date, as you can see from my signature its just hard finding someone who you can get alonge with. Also sorry to hear about your loos, I guess Iam not alone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here is my previous bike
http://www.2dehands.be/yamaha-xjr-1200-sp-17677260.html

I am asking a higher selling price, but I probably will keep it when the 1098s arrives. I have riden about 65K miles with it since 1997 and loved every second of it. The bike was each summer in the Alps and Corsica. Best riding in the whole world can be found there.
For 2007 i will :D take the 1098S, including WDW2007 :smoking:

·
Registered
166 Posts
CAG said:
I'm kicking around the idea of a 625 Daytona. What are your impressions of the bike?

I know this is not a triumph forum, but posting here you may have a less biased opinion.

CAG
Forgive me then---the 675 is the best thing going in the middleweight class. I've had it about 3 months (& ~3500 miles) and I've got to admit it is one hell of a package! Performance wise, it's definitely quicker than the 916, definitely lighter with quicker handling, every bit as slender with a very similar riding position. The seat and tail are rather tall and take a bit of getting used to just to straddle. I read at one of the many comparos and shootouts (that the 675 has been winning regularly) that Randy Mamola (of Duc fame) pulled a groin mounting the bike and had to sit out the rest of the testing! Having never owned anything but twins, I'm also getting used to running at slightly higher revs, not that it screams like an I4. The triple's exhaust note is quite distinctive, and while it's no Ducati, it's similar in that it sounds so sweet I find myself regularly doubling and tripling the speed limits just to hear it run up through the gears...I'm sure we all suffer this affliction! It's plenty torque-y down low and really turns on coming through 9500. I've had it to 153 so far (oh, it's also got a trick instrument panel w/ trip computer, lap timer, and more) and it was still pulling strong through 11,000 rpm when I backed off. Redline is 14k but I hear the rev limiter is around 13.5k, but haven't actually hit it yet. I think the styling is as fresh as the 916 when it came out and it's going to be a 'keeper'! In short, I'm very pleased with it :) it's a lot of bike for $9K!!! This is what I wrote when questioned on another Duc List but since then I've had it to the track a couple of times where it really shines. Surprisingly it will hang with the litre bikes down the straights and pull away from any other 600. In the right hands, it could be the quickest package at most any tight technical track. By comparison, I'm about 3 seconds quicker w/ it than I am with my 900SP.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sold 2001 MV F4 for the 1098S
No regrets, MV was easily the most beautiful road bike I have owned but I found it too trackfocussed for the pothole riddled roads we have here. You almost had to ride it like a 2 stroke, way too busy for a lazy V2 spoiled rider like me.

Nope ... not sad to see it go.

Love the 1098S but my fav is my '04 749R it is demanding, cranky, rough at low speed, but give it input and its all systems go, it truly is a racebike with lights and all that carbon ... ooohhhh :)

1098S
916 1994
749R 2004
650SL
TT2
MV F4 750 trackbike project

1 - 12 of 12 Posts