Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have install full leo vice and bazzaz on my ducati 848 evo 2013, may i remove the stock o2 senor ? is it no problem?
anyone same

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Unfortunately, the Bazzaz system is a piggyback unit, which means the Ducati ECU still needs to be functioning in order for the bike to run properly. If you unplug the 02 sensor, the stock ECU will default to a entirely different map. It's similar to a limp-home map, rather then a "performance" map. You have to disable the 02 sensor functionality on the Ducati ECU to remove it. This can be done using the Rexxor re-programmer or sending your ECU out to a service provider who will flash it for you. In doing so, you can put a proper map directly onto the ECU, so there is no reason to have a piggyback tuner like the Bazzaz.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I thought the 2013 ran 2 sensors and one could be used for the auto tune wide band and one to keep the ECU happy??

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I thought the 2013 ran 2 sensors and one could be used for the auto tune wide band and one to keep the ECU happy??
Yea, it does run 2 sensors, if you unplug either one, it will freak out. Far better to disable it all in the ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, the service provider will help me to remove the 2 of o2 sensor and will remap and reset via bazzaz.
another question, when i rotate throttle, the rmp will go up to be not smooth, standstill but somebody said it is normal for V2 engine, it is right ?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That's the problem with the piggy back systems, they don't work until the RPM's are higher, around 3000 RPM. So that means, from initial throttle pull, the fueling is not setup properly. This is not a problem with twins, this is simply poor mapping from the factory due to emissions issues and heightened because of the piggy back bazzaz tuner. You can have someone install better map onto the ECU, which will resolve this problem. However, it will also remove the need for a Bazzaz kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts