Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm in the process of removing the fairings to swap them and i went to undo the mirrors one came out fine, when i moved to the next one the screw just spins doesn't tighten or loosen doesn't matter if i try to put some force behind it. anyone have any idea how i can get this screw out.

Thank you

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
It's been a while but can't you get to the back side by pulling the rubber/plastic off? I'd have to go look at mine as I don't use them anymore.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
i cant pull it at all because the screw that holds it wont come off. its like the thread inside is gone. feels like the whole fairing is gonna break if i pull too hard

Not pulling the mirror off but the cover around the base of the mirror. Snap a picture of the one you got off. Mine is in storage 😐

·
Registered
518 Posts
You can drill out the head of the screw if you can get a Dremel or something up under the fairing. Just don't pick a drill bit that is larger than the hole of the fairing.
Use pliers to hold on to the head so it doesn't spin.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
You guess it! If you can turn a screw both ways and it doesn't do anything, the threads are stripped! Always a buzzkill! Question is....how did it happen??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
finally got it out,had to dremel the head out and the mirror popped out, but the screw still stuck in the mirror, im thinking no biggie i;ll buy another 20-30 dollar mirror. looked up the prices and its insane what they want for one of those mirrors. will have to figure out a way to remove the screw from it.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
finally got it out,had to dremel the head out and the mirror popped out, but the screw still stuck in the mirror, im thinking no biggie i;ll buy another 20-30 dollar mirror. looked up the prices and its insane what they want for one of those mirrors. will have to figure out a way to remove the screw from it.
Number 1 rule of buying Ducati parts: Never attempt to buy BRAND NEW OEM parts. Your wallet will get raped! lol...used parts but still in great condition go for a fraction of the price of new online. I've sold both my mirrors in excellent condition a few years ago for under 100 (can't remember exactly), but I'm sure you can find one for about 40 bucks or so.

Reactions: Charles

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rubbish is right, but you still might be able to get that one out...

If you do end up trashing it, go look in the For Sale section on this forum first. If you can't find a mirror there, you may want to try Imperial Sportsbike; I've had some good dealings with them in the past. They sell through eBay, and I believe they're located near Denver, Colorado...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rubbish is right, but you still might be able to get that one out...

If you do end up trashing it, go look in the For Sale section on this forum first. If you can't find a mirror there, you may want to try Imperial Sportsbike; I've had some good dealings with them in the past. They sell through eBay, and I believe they're located near Denver, Colorado...
+1...I have purchased several parts from them, always well packaged and are exactly as described. They also have pretty damn good customer service too...call them up and they are more than willing to help make sure you get exactly what you are looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.