Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am having issues with petrol leaking from the gascap during warm days. My bike is kept covered in a garage, and during the warm days, I am finding leak marks on the left side of the tank

It has gradually gotten worse, the tank is the arctic white color, and the gasoline stains are hideous.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have tried dawn, full strength simple green, meguiars headlight polish, meguiars ultimate polish, meguiars ultimate compound, wd-40, 3M marine cut compound (heavy duty stuff I use for heavily oxidized boats, didnt even make a difference)

I am running out of ideas, and I am trying to sell my bike and am concerned this will drop the value of the motorcycle. it is a 2012 848 evo.

Thank you
Stephan

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hello

I am having issues with petrol leaking from the gascap during warm days. My bike is kept covered in a garage, and during the warm days, I am finding leak marks on the left side of the tank

It has gradually gotten worse, the tank is the arctic white color, and the gasoline stains are hideous.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have tried dawn, full strength simple green, meguiars headlight polish, meguiars ultimate polish, meguiars ultimate compound, wd-40, 3M marine cut compound (heavy duty stuff I use for heavily oxidized boats, didnt even make a difference)

I am running out of ideas, and I am trying to sell my bike and am concerned this will drop the value of the motorcycle. it is a 2012 848 evo.

Thank you
Stephan
Your gas tank has expanded and the cap doesn't seal well anymore. Complain to ducati and get a new gas tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts