Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about removing the baffles on 2012 848 evo corse. Is that a good idea to make a Lil bit louder?

·
Court Jester
11,825 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got two of these:

Did a custom job. Basically, cut the cats out, removed the whole baffle assembly, cut the cap end off but left the inner silencer tube in, wrapped it up in fresh packing and riveted it back together. I was going to cut the silencer out a-la the A&R kit but decided to see what it sounded like with it left in first. The result was a perfectly tolerable idle sound level with more than enough noise as the rpm's build. Fitting the perf-pipe in was just a matter of leaving just enough cat material in the tube to keep it snug, then cut to length so it was firmly sandwiched between the caps when re-assembled.

Overall result was dramatic reduction of ass temperatures and much louder that stock (not unbearbly loud though) but still looks like the totally stock cans (which I like). I also installed an MWR two-piece air filter, had motowheels flash a spare ECU and used jpdiag to reset the TPS after installing BTW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did the A&R baffle kit mod on my bike and it's AMAZING. Well, I should say my brother-in-law did it as a surprise for me while I was out of town. Anyway, cored the exhaust, cut off a couple inches and painted the can matte black so they looked very similar to an '07 1098.

With my shortened cans I wouldn't say the bike is a little bit louder; it is a LOT louder. And I love it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did my A&R a couple months ago. I purchased some new 1098 cans (left over from a termi install) and used the baffle kit for those. I like the shorter look of the 1098 cans. I went through quite a few dremel metal cutting discs but at no point was it difficult. I assumed the cats would be difficult but a cut all the way around and a few smacks with a chisel from the other side and they popped right out.

I think the sound is amazing. I had <$200 into mine so if it turned out to be a shitty sound I was willing to ditch them at a loss. Seriously, every note through the whole range is amazing. Do it.

EDIT: I had to trim about a quart of an inch off the baffle because it wouldn't fit. There wasn't an issue with the cuts I made either. The baffle slides into where the cat was (Which both came out in once piece) and with the silencer assembly cut there's nothing to get in the way. I had to do that on both baffles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts