Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

It's a base 1198 and the battery died after 5 weeks of no ride.
Is there any thread showing how to remove the battery? I mean, removing the fairings and all. (I searched for it but found nothing.) If there is no such thread, would you guys briefly explain the process ?
I don't have a charger or something. I will simply take the battery to the service and charge it there and put it back into the bike.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
No worries, mate.
oh...tip....when you're putting the side fairing back on, be sure to locate the little tab on the bottom / front into the slot in the belly fairing....easy to miss

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
just take the left side piece off....dont split the bellypan

....its easier....you wont have to mess with the side stand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Amen on the Shorai battery.

My bike has never started faster and no more battery tender needed. It can sit for a year and not lose much charge.

I have used Lithium technology in various other settings and I'm finding that they have a life of about 4 years.

We will see how long this one lasts.

Here is a vid of my bike starting up on a 50 degree morning, this morning. My time and the fuel gauge would reset sometimes with the old lead acid technology when I had to start my bike in this weather. That indicates that the volts were dropping too low.

Go buy one now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorry for brining an old thread back up... Any issues with storing the bike for 3+months without battery at all?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts