Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put some aftermarket bodywork on my bike for track days, and don't want to remove the 1/4 turn fasteners from the original bodywork.
Then I priced out new fasteners from Ducati, part # 850.4.060.1A, and they are $30 USD each.
I don't want to spend $420 just on some 1/4 turn fasteners.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket supplier for the male part of the 1/4 fastener that will work with the original Ducati female receptacle and is the correct length for the thickness of the stock bodywork. It would be nice to have the black allen head like the original, but that is not critical.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found these:
Bolts-Fasteners

They look like the originals and at are less than 1/10 the price, they are a deal. I just have to check the dimensions to see if they will work

·
Registered
228 Posts
Motobee,

I've bought the items from CTmoto for my 748 and they are ok, although they are not anywhere near as good as the oem quality. Same goes for the Kurvey girl items, good but not great - the paint comes off the fasteners just by holding them...

The Pro-bolt items look fantastic and I'm sure the quality will be better than oem. They come with fasteners, retainers, washers and clips/spring. Proper kits.

I'm having some carbon made up for my bike by JHP and will more than likely have the PB items installed.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Contact "Bonni Verdugo" <[email protected]> at Catalyst Racing Composites

When I bought my knock-off Desmo body parts she sold me a set of Dzus fasteners with it. I ended up not using them because the only thing that holds the pins in the OEM body panels is a plastic washer. I bought a bag of washers for about $3 on eBay and moved all pins to the aftermarket bodywork.

You might take a pin to a GOOD Aprilia dealer. Some Aprilias use similar pins(that cost a LOT le$$) but the length may be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts