Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ripped out a couple of those brass rivlet's. So I got a used airbox off eBay and removed my airbox. I was wondering though if I remove the whole throttle body piece with the velocity stacks too and the injectors and just swap everything on to the new airbox, do i need to do anything else? Shouldn't these things be so close to identical there is nothing that the dealer needs to reset or tune? Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
here is an image that might help you.

by the way when I removed the tank (which you will also have to do) the bracket holding it to the frame was broken. it is a really flimsy sheet metal bracket and almost guaranteed to be broken on your bike as well. you might want to get an aftermarket bracket while you are at it.

good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have the airbox out. I can remove #11 and 8 and so forth and all the injectors and all those parts and put them on the new airbox. What I was wondering though is do I need like a factory ducati computer to do some calibration or something afterwards? You try not to muck with the Throttle Bodies, but i'm just curious if folks think I can simply transplant all of this on to a new (replacement) airbox with zero done other than swap?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts