Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after crashing at the track, healing up my wrist, ankle, brusies, etc..I've gotten to know my 848 more intimately :naughty:

Anyway, I've slowly been replacing parts and I'm up to a bent clip-on bar. I've looked at:

1. Ebay for used, stock bar
2. Ducabike replacement bar, with pre-drilled holes
3. Woodcraft and others with NO pre-drilled holes
4. Omnibars for adjustability

Which route would you guys take?
Any tips/tricks when I start wrenching?
Any issues non pre-drilled holes?

·
Registered
112 Posts
For track duty I usually go with the cheapest option. If you switch to woodcraft you'll have to buy the clip-ons but the replacement bars will probably always be the cheapest of those options.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used the Driven replacement bars on my stock clip-on mounts. Just have to drill/grind a few alignment hole and slots. No big deal.

On a side note, The Driven replacement bars have a larger inside diameter, so the bar end sliders I originally used with my stocks did not work.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
The advantage of the Ducabike is the rotating variance in degrees. They go from 6-10 degrees to fit your wrist angle. Plus you can get the spare parts in case. They also have different width deviation and the bar ends ID decreases, meaning more weight on the bar end for less vibration. That said, they're probably the most expensive, but if that doesn't matter, they're the way to go.

Vortex is a good replacement, like the woodcraft, they're overbuilt and have a good price. You can also get the replacement bars.

Stock is the best price in town and easy to find on fleabay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts