Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch cover I have has a dent in it. I'd like to eventually replace the entire thing with a see through kit, but that's going to be expensive, and I can't do it myself.

In the mean time I was wondering if I pick up an OEM clutch cover can I replace it myself?

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
You can pick up an OEM. You could probably find an aftermarket cheaper to make due till you get the see through one. I think the OEM is around $120. I have a solid carbon cover made by Cedea that'll fit your bike for $65 shipped if you want?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If you live somewhere without serous weather, just leave the cutch cover off. Dry clutch bikes don't need that cover for any reason. They don't really do anything but protect the pressure plate from damage when crashing and keep moisture out of the area.
I never ran a clutch cover on my track bikes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On your bike all you have to do is remove the 6?? hold down bolts and cover comes off. Reverse the procedure and you're good to go.
Awesome. That makes me feel a lot better. What about changing the pressure plate? Is it just as easy or would I need a mechanic for that?

I'm tempted to do what onesaintsfan did and just get everything now.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Pressure plate is 5?? nuts and springs. Remove and change pressure plate. These have a very specific torque that's needed so if you don't have the torque wrench, I'd let someone do it for you. It's not difficult but it needs proper torque and sequence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.