Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can any give me some directions on which type and where I can buy reservoirs for the RCS 19 brake, and RCS 16 clutch levers?
Wanting to replace OEM and have seen comments that there is limited room on the 999.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I just used the common white 15 & 30ml reservoirs as standard on the 1098 on my 1098. Don't see why that should not work on the 999 but I'm not too familiar with the 999. Think they had a triangle sort of looking fluid reservoir. I did make up some custom standoffs to mount the reservoir to the levers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After trying several reservoirs / brackets, I went with these...

Brembo Ladybird Brake Stay 35ml Brembo HP Reservoir Tank Set for RCS Masters | eBay

The smaller reservoirs supplied with this kit helped with clearance issues. The SS brackets are strong, but can be gently shaped to position the reservoirs perfectly. KurveyGirl sells these style brackets as well.

Note that when installing the RCS pumps, you'll need a banjo micro switch for the clutch. I used this one...

Banjo bolt brake switch M10X1.0 ( Most Brembo)

IMO, the 90* hose outlet on the RCS pumps creates a bit of a hose routing issue for both reservoirs. I like using clear Tygon tubing. The downside, is that it requires a big(ish) radius to avoid crimping. In the future, I'll explore replacing the 90* outlet with a straight or 45* outlet.

The RCS pumps are a great upgrade. Best of luck with the install!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.