Ducati.org forum banner

reset service message, tps, dtc, and more from Android phones, for under $20

97K views 129 replies 45 participants last post by  greg328 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking for a way to reset my service light on my 1198 and a guy on my local forum turned me on to this lil gem

rick said:
If you have an android phone, you just need an Elandpower OBD OBD2 16 Pin Connector Diagnostic Adapter for FIAT 3 Pin ($9.96 prime), a bluetooth OBDII scanner like this one ($7.60) and the free Scan M5x Tools apps. ...FWIW.
I got everything in today and gave it a shot, I only had a couple of minutes to mess with it, but I got the Service message cleared, and i think the tps reset as well, i was in a hurry so i didnt see where it was after i did the pipes and dp ecu, it is not showing 2.7 after i hit reset tps

what is the "normal" reading for tps at idle, is this 2.7 normal, i know that it was 2.8 fully stock when i looked at it once before...

there is a ton more functunality and resetting/adjusting/datalogging you can do, but i didnt have time to get into anything else

#2 ·
Wow if this all works it'll answer my problem I'm having with the JPDiag......well ok it doesn't answer it but it'll let me do exactly what I wanted to do with the JPDiag but haven't been able to get it to work.

#4 ·
Subscribed! I'll be ordering those items and giving it a shot. I'll post results once I get to play with it.

#9 ·
I.actually think I did reset.my tps.... I was just in a really big hurry and.horribly distracted... some family stuff... but I can 100% confirm service message reset and my tps is 2.7 deg which now that I think about it should be about normal. The how to is stupidly simple, I.can post pics this weekend if you want BUT...

Step 1 remove or loosen left mid fairing

Step 2 remove the wiring end cap from the programming cable at the bottom left of the battery

Step 3 connect the fiat connector to the duc harness

Step 4 connect the Bluetooth transmitter to the fiat connector

Step 5 connect the pos and neg of the fiat connector to the battery or tender leads

Step 6 open your phone BT search for device OBDii connect using password 1234 or 0000

Step 7 open app let it connect.... open tabs and reset what you want and know how to

#12 ·
Reactions: Wil
#13 ·
This definitely needs to be a sticky thread! :yo:

#19 ·
Let me know how you do with this. I tried with my Fire last night but discovered you have to "cross install" the app from a device that has it loaded on it.

I couldn't find the Scantwin app in the Fire app store but could with the web browser. It won't install from the browser but when I googled that shit, it said it's not available in the Fire App store so you have to install an App Explorer program on each device, load the App in to the device that can install it, transfer it to the Fire's App Explorer then install it on the Fire from there.

#17 ·
Wait, so you're telling me that all of the arguments about how the dealer should reset the TPS for free may end? The lengthy boards about people saying they do their own service and just deal with the light while others say "if you have a Ducati, you should have the money" and recommend you continue to throw $$ at dealers may come to an end?

#18 ·
ok i have a question. i have tried both te obd2 cable and the bluetooth and i cannot connect to the termignoni full system ecu on my 1098. does this ecu work with the bluetooth or not? (because the cable on doesn't work with the pc either....)

if it works i will buy another from a different buyer (recommend one :) )

#21 ·
With the fiat cable and the Bluetooth transmitter listed in the op I was able to connect to the DP race ecu on my 1198, on your phone are are able to see and connect to the Bluetooth transmitter, like with any Bluetooth I always click on the phone, make discoverable, then search for new devices, you should see one labeled obdii, it will ask you for the password, usually 0000 or 1234, mine was 1234, after you have connected to the Bluetooth transmitter then open the mx tools app and turn the bike key to on, it will search for.devices and should see the obdii, mine connected easy, then tried to connect to something else, I hit the back button to stop that, then I was able to reset everything.

Where exactly are you running into issues

#23 ·
It's compatible with any android above 2.0.0 but the Fire runs a modified version of Android so it' s kind of locked in to getting only apps in the "Amazon" app store. There's something like 50,000 apps in the Amazon store and 75,000 apps in google play.

TChase is a smart fellow and I bet he figures it out.

#29 ·
Here are some screen shots from the app. I have all the parts just need to find some time to hook it up to the bike. Waiting for my 7500mile service and will test it then if not sooner.

This is the loading screen as soon as the app opens, make sure your bluetooth ODB connector is powered and connected to your phone before you launch the app so it can connect.

Main Menu

CO Trimmer App

Dash and Data Logger App (all options shown)

The AFR button just hides some data from the screen:

DTC App

Monitor and Data Logging App

Operation Tests and Reset

Vehicle Status App

#33 ·
Short answer it is suppose to be doable on a fire (amazon tablet). But he would take a lot of effort and from what I can tell you possibly have to jail break the tablet.

I've got a working solution with jpdiag and I'd have to buy the blue tooth version of the cables. I've already invested in the hard wire cables for the laptop and jpdiag. So until I ditch my iphone I'll just have to be jealous of you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.