Ducati.org forum banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts
Will this work on the Galaxi Tablet?

Reactions: P@rick
It sure will. I have the Scantwin running on my Kindle Fire. Took some work though as the Kindle has to get its apps from Kindle Store so I had to side load the app off my Galaxy SII. You can find the Scantwin app from the Google app store on your tab.

Maybe someone much smarter than me can shed some light on my problem???

I loaded the scan tool on a old android based phone since I'm now on iOS and am trying to connect with no luck!

I'm using the fiat to obd and Bluetooth transmitter but I keep getting the same error message!
I have tried updat

It sure will. I have the Scantwin running on my Kindle Fire. Took some work though as the Kindle has to get its apps from Kindle Store so I had to side load the app off my Galaxy SII. You can find the Scantwin app from the Google app store on your tab.
Thanks P@t.
I gave my wife for Christmas the Galaxy pro tablet so I think I can borrow it to download this softwares. I see there are 2 softwares and are for free.
Any difference or is good to have both?
Need to order the cables and the Bluetooth OBDII.
Does someone has the link on what and were I need to order?
Thanks

Scantwin has a few that do different duties. The one that does it all it called ScanM5X. It can reset TPS, reset service indicator, fuel trim, read outs etc etc etc. I got my FIAT cable and Bluetooth OBDII reader through Amazon.com. I believe you'd be looking for Bluetooth ELM 327 reader.

Scantwin has a few that do different duties. The one that does it all it called ScanM5X. It can reset TPS, reset service indicator, fuel trim, read outs etc etc etc. I got my FIAT cable and Bluetooth OBDII reader through Amazon.com. I believe you'd be looking for Bluetooth ELM 327 reader.
The ScwnM5X software works fine. I couldn't get the exact bluetooth OBDII initially stated, but the one I have works just fine. Still getting used to it, but I have the workshop manual for my bike to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Couple of photos of the software being run on my buddy's phone, it's that easy :)

Electronics Automotive lighting Technology Auto part Electrical wiring

Attachments

so if it is an app, why wouldn't it work with the iphone?
The app maker has to submit it to Apple for approval. I don't think droid apps have to go through an approval or at lease not as much of a pain in the ass as Apples approval process.

So to those that have got the Scantwin M5X app working on your bike, have you been able to change your dash message?? I thought someone had posted about changing their dash display from SBK 848 to something else but I can't quite find the thread. Maybe it's only possible with the JPDiag.

so saw the title of the thread and I'm wondering....does if the DTC package on the 1098r/1198s/r/sp can actually be reset? Been having a weird issue with mine activating while riding straight up on the throttle and replaced the front sensor (and looking to replace the pickups).

So, I have seen that some people are saying that you can't leave the cable connected, as it drains the battery whilst it's plugged in.

Does this mean that if you were to direct the positive power cable to a source that only activates when the engine ignition is on, that I could leave it as a fixed attachment to my bike for use with Harry's Lap Timer etc?

Thanks for the confirmation (or guesstimations) :)

I leave my cable on and remove the OBDII scanner and it doesn't drain the battery. With no OBDII unit on it it's nothing but cables.

Thanks. Installed the cable today.

I've routed the cable to allow access to the connector in the left hand air vent. Is this where you put yours or did you find somewhere nicer to put it :)

Left vent it is. Right on top of the battery holder. Easily accessible to plug the OBDII scanner in. I use the original cover to keep crap out of it.

Doh, my cable didn't come with a cover, and now you mention it I see how it could get dirty. I'll have to see if I can find one on eBay or something.

Oh and just a thought in case anyone else is paranoid about shorting the ECU by reversing the polarity of their harness due to bad Chinese quality manufacture.

I attached the positive and negative cables to the battery only then added the OBD2 module to the cable. The little light activated to indicate power. Then I reversed the clips and tried again. This time the OBD2 module did not light up.

This proves the polarity is correct and when I plugged it in to the diagnostics port on the bike, I had no problems.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.