Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the retail price on a full 70mm Termignoni system for the 1098.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
CD,

retail for the full termi system is $2,760.00, plus tax, plus installation. this includes the new airbox and dedicated ECU. Installation is rated by Ducati as taking 4 hours. what you pay for installation will depend on what your shop's hourly rate is. when all is said and done, you'll spend about $3,200.00 dollars. How can they do it so cheap?

Elton

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Elton, I knew it was it was going to be around 3k...worth the price in the long run. Now the task it trying to find the system.

Thanks again

·
Registered
152 Posts
I paid $2900 Installed !

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
guys,

you need to read more carefully. CD didn't ask who paid what for their full termi system. he asked what retail is.

i suppose you could start another thread, or turn this into a thread about who paid the least for their full termi. to what end, i don't know...but hey...why not?

peace, elton

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dealer told me that if I buy the exhaust at the same time as the bike they will do the exhaust for $2400 installed.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Sure, that's most likely becuase you are saving them time.

The bikes don't come with the exhaust installed when it arrives in the crate. Which means, it needs to be installed. If you purchase the full system at the time you buy the bike, instead of installing the original, they install the full, rather than de-installing the oringal then the new if you decide after the fact.

If you think about it, theoretically, they shouldn't charge for the installation, they're spending just as much if not less time, installing the full system than they would the original exhaust. If you know what I mean?

:stickpoke

·
Registered
547 Posts
smeelge said:
Sure, that's most likely becuase you are saving them time.

The bikes don't come with the exhaust installed when it arrives in the crate. Which means, it needs to be installed. If you purchase the full system at the time you buy the bike, instead of installing the original, they install the full, rather than de-installing the oringal then the new if you decide after the fact.

If you think about it, theoretically, they shouldn't charge for the installation, they're spending just as much if not less time, installing the full system than they would the original exhaust. If you know what I mean?

:stickpoke

No the bikes come fully assembled in the crate, the only items that have to be installed are the windscreen, and the mirrors. See this bike is just being taken out of the crate and the exhaust is all assembled. The dealer is more than likely cutting him a deal for buying the exhaust now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
smeelge,

desmoduc has it right and your mistaken. the 1098 comes w/ the standard exhaust already installed. if you want a full termi sysytem, the dealer has to remove the factory exhaust and install the termi sysytem.

elton

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got a quote for a full termigogni. $2400 hundred installed and tax included. Is that a good deal or should I try and get them to go lower?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Proof is in the pudding.

I was told they weren't, but the pics say it all. I guess there's always some bad informationg going around and that's why these forums are great.

Thanks Desmo Duc. :yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
547 Posts
DocG said:
Just got a quote for a full termigogni. $2400 hundred installed and tax included. Is that a good deal or should I try and get them to go lower?

Thats about $400 off the list price, + that includes labor and tax . I would say thats a real good deal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
man im starting to think the dealers here (colorado) really suck!!!!! they wont give anything at all on parts or service. LAME!! not only that but my dealer quoted me $2900 just for the kit without install!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
If some one is near Montreal and have a good quotation for a full termi....please let me know, my dealer is sold out and dosen't know if they can order some more ! or when they will show up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I heard from my dealer today on the full system and they are only getting a few in for the spring, So they are checking to see if one of them can go to me. I have to pay up front for it. They wouldn't lower the price, but their not charging me for labor, so ill gladly take that. Unfortunately my bike is being pushed back to late april now. which is not a huge surprise. On the + side ill be able to collect a couple more paychecks to go towards the bike. there are 3 more people ahead of me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts