Ducati.org forum banner

Reusable Oil filter

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EL Twin 
#1 · (Edited)

#2 ·
I don't know it would perform better or not but I have Scotts reusable oil filter on my MV, change it twice already very easy to clean with air hose and brake cleaner
Scotts Performance Products

#3 ·
I use a similar item from K&P Engineering. Well-made, and never need to buy a filter again.

The internals look the same, but it employs a large polygon engagement (like a stock Honda filter) rather than the small hexagon on the one pictured.

The only difference I noticed when I fitted it was that the oil pressure light seemed to go out more immediately on start-up.

They also feature a strong rare-earth magnet.

Worth the initial cost to me, but I do more miles than many.

I will give a report on the state of my engine when I get a chance to pull it down. I think I have run the washable filter for about the last 40,000 kms.

#6 ·
I have the K & P Engineering filters on all my bikes and cars. Premium quality design and manufacture.

For me the biggest advantage of using them is the ease of inspecting whatever particles and fragments may or may not be coming out of the engine. Being able to see these things can give valuable insights into the mechanical state of your machine. A sudden, abnormal deposit of particles can indicate a developing problem that can be investigated/addressed before a catastrophic failure happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.