Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, in regards with levers and rearsets, i just wanted to get some solid reviews on these brands. I understand that certain brands are stronger towards specific parts, i would also love to hear these opinions. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Love the feel of ASV levers! I use them for the street. Had lightech rearsets and they were awesome but pricey as hell. I rock ASV levers on the street and Podium racing rearsets. For the track I use Podium racing levers. They allow you to adjust the length of the clutch or brake side independently. ;)

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
I've run Pazzo and ASV and didn't like either. I ran MadDuc for a while and loved them but recently swapped them out for a pair of LighTech as they have all the replacement parts. I like the LighTech goodies as I like staying with one brand that can supply all my anodized bits and pieces to keep a constant colour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now, i just installed the SPEEDYMOTO under-body frame sliders. I plan on also buying alot of SPEEDYMOTO engine parts. I was really hooked on the ASV C5 levers, but now ive become very attracted to LIGHTECh and DUCABIKE levers. As for rearsets, im torn between all 3 brands. But i do agree with you [email protected], LIGHTECH does have alot of sweet products. Not to mention that they are used in the WSBK. I guess what i want to know is how does each compare, quality wise. Basically, which is the best brand??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, along the same topic, i am also shopping for who makes the best fender eliminator kits. i like the idea of placing my rear turn signals inside my rear air exhausts for a custom look. So far i really like the LIGHTECH fender eliminators. Does anyone have any input to this as well?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I asked Sagor about his Ducabike levers here is what he pm'd me about his reviews. He had posted a problem about the brake lights not working. Had to do with the micro switch.

sagor said:
Yeah, I fixed it.
The problem is only with brake lever.
What I did is I put some scotch tape on a metal thing that pushes on a small button that activates your brake light (sounds confusing, but if you look at how it works it is pretty simple).

I still think though that ducabike really dropped a ball, as for that price I should not need to "fix" anything to make them work correctly.

If you are not super set on ducabike levers I would recommend getting Pazzo levers. They are cheaper, work flawlessly out of the box, and they also feel more sturdy.
Ducabike levers feel very "light", I feel like if I drop the bike my lever will definitely brake right away.

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very informative IE-848!! i read your pm. great pics of your levers!! from the problems that SAGOR experienced with the brake light, did you have a similar problem?? i really like the loo of the DUCABIKE levers, but if there is a defect to their design, i will be swayed to play it safe and go with the LIGHTECH. lemme know if you had similar problems with your DUCA levers. thanks IE-848!!

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
The MadDuc levers I had had the same problem as the Ducabike levers. The LighTech have an adjustable paddle for both the brake and clutch that actuates the micro switches for the brake light and clutch safety. I also like that the LighTech have the speed slots cut into the ends of them.

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
I've tried both and like the curved. Fits my hands best. You can switch just the blades so I tried em all to get the best fit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
After trying both types of Lightech levers I went with the straight, so try each out if you can. I have a medium sized hand and use the inner portion of the lever with one or two fingers, with the curved levers I kept pinching my other fingers, with the straight levers I don't have the same problem. I have tried a few different types of levers, but now I just go with either Lightech or Brembo. Pretty much the same for the rearsets, I have the Lightech with the folding pegs and they work great so I see no reason to replace them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts