Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I'm currently on a SS950s and enjoying it, but am now considering adding something to the stable that's more comfortable for longer rides. I was able to test ride a Multistrada V4s for a brief 5 mile town/highway drive. It was comfy to say the least. No wind on you, like sitting on a couch, etc. How much rolling ride comfort is sacrificed with the smaller diameter wheels on the Pikes Peak version?

Am looking at either the 2020 Pikes Peak or the 2021 Multi V4s.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Larger diameter wheels and tires will be be somewhat less-jarring when traveling over rough off-road surfaces. Larger wheels and tires however, are heavier and have more rotational inertia — so will steer slower (needing more effort) and not stay in contact with the road as well because of more unsprung weight. Lighter wheels, and particularly lighter tires offer significantly improved handling.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Theres a recent Youtube vblog comparison by Motocentral? UK between the V4S and V4PeePee. I believe he claimed the V4S was the better road bike and ohlins on the PeePee was stiffer so would make a better scratching /track day bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an ST4 and then I got brand new 1260 pikes peak without a test ride. Nice bike, superbike touring all in one. Needed some get used to it. Ride by wire not a thumper but quick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts