Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a set of Ducati 1098R rims with rotors and Dunlop slicks. The slicks have 1 track day on them. $1,000 OBO.

·
Registered
346 Posts
are the rotors any different on the R vs a base model? Are there any differences to a base model 1098? front axle size etc?
Are you willing to ship?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the rotors any different on the R vs a base model? Are there any differences to a base model 1098? front axle size etc?
Are you willing to ship?
Here's a little more background on the rims:

I bought them from a guy at a track day on a new 1098R. He upgraded to carbon rims. I bought a set of standard Ducati 1098 rotors from gothamcycles.com. I used the rims/rotors for a handful of track days on my 2008 Ducati 1098, so there are no differences in the size. These rims are much lighter than my standard Ducati 1098 rims that I use on the street.

I'm willing to ship (but would ask that you pay for shipping).

The rims/rotors are in perfect shape....no issues. I think this is the best deal you'll find on a set of Ducati 1098R rims with rotors and slicks.

·
Registered
547 Posts
these are not standard 1098R rims.... rims are GOLD. Only the Bayliss 1098R had black rims, but the Bayliss also had ABS, so these are the wrong discs. Probably from a 1098S, Just sayin!!.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They came off of the Bayliss 1098R without rotors. I bought the rotors from Gothamcycles. The rotors are standard Ducati 1098.

these are not standard 1098R rims.... rims are GOLD. Only the Bayliss 1098R had black rims, but the Bayliss also had ABS, so these are the wrong discs. Probably from a 1098S, Just sayin!!.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just painted, you can tell by looking at the spokes, that this is the forged ones, so this is 1098r.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Yes - the S and R rims are the same in the 1098 series. Just different colours. Identical, drop forged Marchesinis.
They are much lighter than the base model wheels.
The fit is the same for all 1098/1198s. Only the rotors are different for the DTC models.
The 1198s had different wheels, but the fit is the same.
Just so it is clear..

:)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes - the S and R rims are the same in the 1098 series. Just different colours. Identical, drop forged Marchesinis.
They are much lighter than the base model wheels.
The fit is the same for all 1098/1198s. Only the rotors are different for the DTC models.
The 1198s had different wheels, but the fit is the same.
Just so it is clear..

:)
Thanks for clarifying.

Still for sale.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Were the rims powder coated or painted?
How is the quality?
at the price OP is asking, who cares about the paint quality! The slicks themselves are around $400... and then you are still getting a set of Marchesini wheels!

Free bump for OP. And if I had the cash, these would be in my garage..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts