Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Thanks.. Been wanting to check that one out and I didn't realize that it was on Netflix...

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Is it another IOM TT doco?

Craig
It follows the Dunlops from the start with Joey and his friends, his brother Roberts start, Roberts sons William and Michael's start and Joey and Roberts death. Actually not much about IOM but footage from IOM, Ulster, North West and Estonia. As Joey and Robert weren't killed at IOM, there's not much about the race.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Tchase

great looking film , BUT , after watching the clip on you tube , you tube offered , RIP Doctor , John Hinds , the fasted road racing doctor .
Brilliant , well worth a look if you appreciate road racing

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tchase

great looking film , BUT , after watching the clip on you tube , you tube offered , RIP Doctor , John Hinds , the fasted road racing doctor .
Brilliant , well worth a look if you appreciate road racing

I'll have to check it out I didn't watch the clip because I had watched the first hour of the movie when I posted. Thanks!

Doesn't matter if it's RR or motogp I enjoy watching any street bike racing but I have to give homage to the road racers....

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'll have to check it out I didn't watch the clip because I had watched the first hour of the movie when I posted. Thanks!

Doesn't matter if it's RR or motogp I enjoy watching any street bike racing but I have to give homage to the road racers....
I have to admit , I have a very serious admission to make ,

I went to junior school with a lad who's grandfather was a very well respected IOM TT rider who died on the track . His surname was from the lads mothers side and for the life of me I can not recall it , how bad is that

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Tchase, you really need to get rid of that signature....I keep confusing your posts with Shrek's! lol

Reactions: cb4265

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to admit , I have a very serious admission to make ,

I went to junior school with a lad who's grandfather was a very well respected IOM TT rider who died on the track . His surname was from the lads mothers side and for the life of me I can not recall it , how bad is that
After watching this movie I have to ask myself why wasn't I born in Ireland. I have no heritage of bike riding but it's in me then again on my mothers side I do have Irish in the family dna..

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Just finished watching it...
Fine job by the film maker, and the crew..
Emotional it was, but well worth it.

When I was a teen, I came across the coverage of the IOMTT by pure accident.. Early '80's.. Can't remember the station on the tube.. Channel surfing after school one day.
The helmet.. The name.. Watching him race..
My avatar says it all. Been a fan since that day.

Back then, following what happened over the pond upon a bike was almost impossible. My Uncle used to tell me stories and catch me up.
Never asked where or how he got his info.. I was a kid, and didn't care. Just loved the stories.
After all, my Uncle was the one that got me into bikes.. And into Ducati's. He owned a '74 750ss, and that was one of my first ever rides on a bike. Sitting behind my Uncle for a canyon ride back in the '70's.

This film reminded me of when and how I got into bikes..
My first international exposure to the men that race on the roads.. And my Uncle.. Miss my Uncle Larry.

Thanks again for the heads up tchase about the netflix thing..

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
632 Posts
I did the IOM TT back in 2012, it is a must do on your bucket list. You can watch all the gopro footage you like, but nothing like being there. I took so many photos with no bike in them I kind of gave up, they where just so close and so fast.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.