Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this / or would Rossi's GP11 bike ever be available for sale to the general public ? Didn't see any mention of it in this Desmo section of the forum - figured if anyone new about it it would be here.
In the "Ducati Community" site it's being showcased by new owner. I'm a little skeptical.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
There's a race team owner who bought both Rossi and Hayden's bikes. I think the story I've read from them interviewing him was that he's not allowed to ride them since the engine requires hella lot of maintenance or it will go grenade on him. Plus to protect the technologies.

You're gonna have to have deep pockets and deep connections though.

The bikes were displayed at Pro Italia a couple months back--or was it last year, I don't remember.

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...ti-motogp-prototypes-best-birthday-gift-ever/

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yes, they do come up for sale. Donger is right that there was one at Pro Italia for some time. Might still be there actually.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Avinta team is selling mike DiMeglio s old bikes,
Starts at 40,000€
Damn! That'd be a hell of a deal if you could get it for that price. Surely it'll be an auction and the final price will be much higher than that. There was a video in the off season on MotoGP's site where they talked about value of Moto 2 bikes and they mentioned a couple of them sold for around 70k-80k euros.

Here it is...
Rossi's GP bike that costs over a quarter million and they put it on an open trailer?? Really??? :wtf:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Damn! That'd be a hell of a deal if you could get it for that price. Surely it'll be an auction and the final price will be much higher than that. There was a video in the off season on MotoGP's site where they talked about value of Moto 2 bikes and they mentioned a couple of them sold for around 70k-80k euros.

Rossi's GP bike that costs over a quarter million and they put it on an open trailer?? Really??? :wtf:
I agree Rubb....strapped down using handle bar straps...!!

The discs looked ceramic.....and swing arm looks trick....??!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts