Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take the clutch case off my 916 and put a heli coil in the oil sending unit since it was stripped . I must have done something because when I started the bike up I had no RPM, and the Gen light and low fuel stay on until I put it in first gear. Then they go out. How strange. Also there is a oil light on the Tach that is red and when the engine is started it goes out, which I think is good, but the problem is that if I disconnect the wire going to the oil sending unit the light does not come back on. Any help is appreciated . BTY this has the 955 motor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The green light is N. So it will of course go out when you put it in first gear.
Go put fuel in the bike.
The oil pressure light will come on for a few seonds when the bike is started. Once oil pressure builds, it will go out.
When you disconnect the wire going to the oil sending unit, you are disconnecting the oil pressure signal so of course the light goes off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The oil pressure sender is an earth switch. If you remove the wire from it then the light can't come on because you have broken the circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts