Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the 1098 in for its first service and have taken home the Aprilia RSV1000R. 60km ridden in traffic and country roads. I found it a lot friendlier to ride, the riding position isn't so agressive. It doesn't respond as well as the 1098 into corners and has nowhere near the amount of insane power the 1098 has. The Aprilia is a beautiful bit of kit but I'm soooo glad I own a 1098 Ducati. I can't see any other V twin coming close to it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Check the April issue of the British rag FAST BIKES, They did a comparo and pretty much echoed what you're saying.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You got a loaner bike from your Duc Dealer?? Which dealer is that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moto One Oakliegh Vic AU. I made it part of the deal the first time I bought a bike from them that they were to supply a bike while mine was serviced and it's stuck. I've had a Bmw K1200S, 999, ST3 (several times), Aprilia 550 motard, and now a RSV1000R.

·
Registered
93 Posts
slob said:
I made it part of the deal the first time I bought a bike from them that they were to supply a bike while mine was serviced and it's stuck.

+1. I always make that part of the deal on a new bike, after the negotiation on the final buying price. It´s that or selling NO BIKE to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I didnt have to make that sort of deal with my dealer... they just ROCK like that :) But they too will offer loaners while your bike is in service, especially for folks that come almost 100 miles away to them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I didn't need to make a deal like that with my dealer, they are just good like that! F800S, Ducati Class Sport 1000, R1150

1 - 8 of 8 Posts