Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first this is my first Ducati so I've never had this stand before. I've always used various Pit Bull stands.

So, I have no idea what the rubber gripped handle is for on my rear stand.

You can start in with the jokes - that's okay - just someone eventually tell me the real deal.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The handle is used to beat the crap out of your mechanic in the event something goes wrong with your bike....

Actually, it aids in locking the real wheel in place for when you need to remove and tighten it.... Pretty clever huh?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I'll bite. How do you use it? Jam it between the spokes? I'm looking at all the pics I can find, and I just don't get it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yup i believe that is how you use it, at least thats what the dealer told me about mine, i assume your talking about the grey Ducati stand which is the one i have.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have same stand ...grey Ducati stand !!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that's the stand. Official grey Ducati stand for the rear.
Got a short removable handle with a rubber grip on it.
So seriously, I jam that thing between the spokes?

This is so Italian. I love it. I'll have to say something to the guys when I visit the factory. Unreal.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Pitbull makes stands for Ducati, why did you switch?

Jason

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
Yeah, that's the stand. Official grey Ducati stand for the rear.
Got a short removable handle with a rubber grip on it.
So seriously, I jam that thing between the spokes?

This is so Italian. I love it. I'll have to say something to the guys when I visit the factory. Unreal.
Yeah, I'd like to know too... Why did you switch? I purchased a Pitbul and the only reason was because it was reversable, it'll fit on either side. It came with 3 different inserts (not sure where they fit other than the one for the rear)

I've got the ducati oringinal for the front only because I didn't like the ones pitbull had. It's too bad the front didn't have the rubber like DUCMILLE mentioned, I wouln't mind whacking the mechanic the next time I see him...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts