Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at the pictures in the 2007 "1098 Racing Accessories" catalog they have a red base model 1098 and a red "S" model 1098 pictured throughout. The "S" model has black bolts on the fairings and the base has silver ones. So I asked my dealer to order me up a set of black hardware for my yellow base 1098. Well he didn't know what I was talking about and said that according to the parts list all 3 model 1098's take the same silver hardware. So I directed him to the catalog and when he saw it he said he would call Ducati directly on Monday to find out what the deal is.

So I'm just curious about you "S" model guys out there. What color are your bolts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The "S" models that I have seen are all black bolts. I have a base model and it has all silver.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I went through all the pics I have, and all the 1098 has silver and the 1098S has black screws. Compared about 10 different bikes of each model

·
Registered
944 Posts
I lost one so I picked up 6 black screws from my dealer. Had no problem getting them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, how much are they. I was wondering the same thing. I hate the silver bolts on my base 1098, compared to the black ones on the "S". I also hate that the "S" has black exhaust cans compared to the silver ones on the base. That's just lame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased the black ones for my yellow they are about $3 each. I work part time for the dealer so they were a little cheaper for me. You may look into the black 1/4 turn zues fasteners. They are not much more $ and make taking the fairings off a lot easier. Look at motowheels site or tell you dealer to look up the part numbers as they are definately different.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
elevens said:
My 1098S had black fairing screws but for some unexplained reason, silver windscreen screws. I changed my windscreen screws to black with these:

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/duc%20ws%20kit.htm
Yeah, I was about to buy those too, but the shipping cost more than the screws themselves. Besides, they're not torx like the OEM, they're allen key style, not that it really matters...Looks like I'll have to paint mine..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts