Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to put my new 1098 on Ebay today boys. I found out we will be building a house this spring and it has to go. SUCKS

·
Registered
152 Posts
mclincoln said:
I had to put my new 1098 on Ebay today boys. I found out we will be building a house this spring and it has to go. SUCKS
:( That's sucks big time !!!!
I'm building addition to my house to but I'm geting my 1098 no matter what !!!! :yo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got kids ? get a one bedroom apartment ! What’s more important a new house or your happiness ? Your family will understand, mine did that’s why we live in are car.....

Im kidding but I am sorry priorities are a killer and I guess I will learn that when I have a family....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry dude. .... I don't see it on ebay though. Sure it's there?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You didn't see the house purchase coming? ('scuse my ignorance here, but how could you not see that?)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Yossarian said:
You didn't see the house purchase coming? ('scuse my ignorance here, but how could you not see that?)
Yeah really...

I mean cripes dude, that was pretty poor planning. I mean you have owned the bike for how long and you could not see this expense coming down the pike? It not like you just say #uck it and build a house.

Jason

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The issue being over budget. I have to make a decision between a golf simulator and the Ducati. I am a golf nut and the simulator is more important to me. This along with the tax man have changed some things. I know I will get alot of negative comments. We all have to make and live with our own decisions.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Of course you can do what you want, but instead of simulating golf, why don't you just go play it? There is no substitue for riding the 1098.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
mclincoln said:
The issue being over budget. I have to make a decision between a golf simulator and the Ducati. I am a golf nut and the simulator is more important to me.
Not another word!

Hang you head in shame and let yourself out...

tsk, tsk

Jason

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
McLincoln,

let me see if i understand. you'd rather simulate playing golf than ride a 1098? i must have it wrong. that simply can't be. that defies logic. i'm confused. i feel like the robot on Lost in Space. This does not compute!

i'm not putting down golf. i like golf. golf is cool. nice walk, nice landscaping. interesting game. cool competition. golf rocks. golf is good. and i can understand being obsessed with golf. i'm OCD, so i get the whole obsession thing. but this is not a question of obsession, but rather, one of priority. i agree w/ the other guys: the whole house thing didn't make much sense. so now we come to find out it's not a housing thing but rather, because you can't afford both a golf simulator and a 1098. and apparently you'd rather simulate golf than ride. fascinating!!

does it have to be either/or? couldn't you do them serially? like ride now, (after all, you already have the 1098!), and simulate golf later? you won't always be able to ride a 1098, but you could simulate golf later, like for instance, when you're too old to ride that 1098. don't put yourself out to pasture so soon!

obviously, you can sell your 1098 for any reason you want and you certainly don't need our approval. but you brought it up, so i guess you're interested in our collective opinion. or maybe not, maybe you just want to sell your 1098 and could do without all the unsolicited commentary.

if you'd rather simulate golf than ride you really need to sell that motorcycle as quickly as possible. good luck w/ that.

peace, elton

·
Registered
188 Posts
you had a post for your first 100miles, but your ebay ad says you only have 42 miles...hmm??
why don't you let your brother buy your 1098?

03-17-2007, 01:36 PM #1
mclincoln

No Ducati's in the registry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I finished putting on my full Termi system last night and I put 100 miles on the bike today. The clutch problems have worked themselves out. I believe there must have been air in the lines. The Termignoni full system is worth the money. Without the DB killers they sound better then any bike I've heard. The 70 mm's are huge. They come with a nice looking carbon heat shield. The bike is very comfortable to ride. I am 6 feet 210lbs and I felt like I could ride it a long ways with out getting sore. The bike has far more power than I could have imagined. I was at 255 kilos before I blinked. I am confident it will keep with the new open liters and give the 2005 and older big liter bikes a seriouse challenge in a straight line. Through the twisty's it inspires confidence like the 998s or the 996 sps. It feels alot like those but on steriods. It is with out question a treat to ride and I could not wipe the smile of my face. My brother has been driving a RC51 since 2002. He always said he would never change. He put 5 miles on the 1098 and called my dealer to put money down. I think that says it all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good points,

Your right about the 100 miles I guess it felt like it my fault. I am thinking about the sale...........

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
McLincoln,

I see the bidding on your 1098 is already up to 15 grand! Looks like you're gonna make out just fine. I suspect you'll get all your money back plus a bit more. Last week a 1098S with full termi, (40 miles), sold on e-bay for 25,000! that's 2 grand over MSRP.

good luck with your auction.

elton

·
Registered
134 Posts
Last week a 1098S with full termi, (40 miles), sold on e-bay for 25,000! that's 2 grand over MSRP.

good luck with your auction.

elton[/QUOTE]

Nope... that's barely breaking even after freight/set up and tax.

Well, I guess you must have inticipated the constant kick in the nuts over this thread. Sorry that you have put your self in a position that "forced" a sale. Hopefully your ROI is at least a break even.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Took your advice, I am not selling the 1098.......... Decided to take out a loan on the bike instead. Nothing like a little debt to settle things.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
mclincoln,

you're the man! i went to check on your auction and saw u had yanked it. you would have spent the next 30 years kicking yourself. ride your 1098 to the bank every month when it's time to make the payment.

peace, elton

1 - 20 of 22 Posts