1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
918 Posts
Indeed. Horrible news. May they rest in peace and many blessings to their families.
It's crazy how many crashes and scary near crashes racers encounter or survive, and then it's these freak occurrences or events that steal their lives... Sad times man.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed. Horrible news. May they rest in peace and many blessings to their families.
It's crazy how many crashes and scary near crashes racers encounter or survive, and then it's these freak occurrences or events that steal their lives... Sad times man.
Yeah wish I could've seen the race. Sounds like the accident happened in the kink on the straight, right after the start of the race. Not sure what happened, but I imagine if it was that severe, someone must've ran them over in some way :(

All I saw was a quick cell phone video on youtube from the grand stands along the front straight, but you can't see much especially since that bridge was blocking the view partially.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Sad news indeed..
Godspeed to our fallen, and condolences to their Family and friends..

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
Yeah wish I could've seen the race. Sounds like the accident happened in the kink on the straight, right after the start of the race. Not sure what happened, but I imagine if it was that severe, someone must've ran them over in some way :(

All I saw was a quick cell phone video on youtube from the grand stands along the front straight, but you can't see much especially since that bridge was blocking the view partially.
One of the riders a few rows back from the front had his bike suddenly lose power just after getting rolling. With the blind, uphill corner, and the adrenaline of the start, a rider sitting powerless in the middle of the track is a very, very bad thing.

All the love and condolences to the riders and their families and friends. RIP racers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts