Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saddening, to say the least
This bike sits less than 1/4 mile from my work and I see it everyday.
It was up for sale on a local swap meet type site and I tried to get ahold of the owner with no return all through October and November. I ask local residents if they know the guy and no one knows.
The add has been removed and yet here she sits

Yea she has some nicks and bruises but she doesn't deserve this treatment

If anyone knows this owner tell him I'll let him keep it my garage.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I waited a long time before I purchased a Ducati so she'd have shelter this is just sickening! It's why mine will never be sold. Perhaps parting out isn't as bad at least the parts get to live on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd find the guy just to beat his ass! Some people just aren't allowed to have nice stuff cuz they are pieces of trash. I would take the bike and leave a note that reads - found your bike, not giving it back, don't make it weird.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yeah I'm thinking you should just take it. If the steering is locked, it'll be more awkward, but if not, just wheel it over to your place and then keep checking police reports about a stolen bike to see how long it takes for the owner to report it. Once he does, you can take it back, then at least you'll know the guy is not completely ignorant...then try to contact him about it :D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.