Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thought I would give an update for everyone and let ya know some good news in my life.. I've always dreamed of going to the salt flats and fortunately I was able to make that happen this year!! I will be going out on a Ducati 749 for two land speed records- stock class and altered fuel (nitrous) stock. I feel that I have a very good advantage at obtaining this! We even have the guy doing our suspension used to F1 racing suspension setups!!

Anyone who is interested in following I have a blog I am putting together - thesaltykitty.com and instagram- kihtay

So far I have a couple of sponsors also!! Law Tigers, Dainese, Cordes Performance, Monsterparts.com

But I can't even begin to explain to you how excited and blessed I feel over this!!

Also- I need to come up with a team race name. I can't do kitty as it is not just me, but including Jeff (who owns the 749). So far the best I've thought of was Tippy Toe Racing lol

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
So what are the current records for those 2 classes and what exactly encompasses each one? I'm a bit confused about the "stock class"...does that refer simply to a stock 749? In which case you're not allowed to have any engine mods?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can have minimalistic engine mods, but it cannot be bored past a 750. So the bore/ stroke cannot be modified.
I will have to double check what the current record is, but I believe it is in the 140/ 150mph range

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
So how come this Jeff person is not running his own bike and letting you do it?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anthony Hopkins said that he actually portrayed himself in the movie "The World's Fastest Indian" as Burt Munroe. A never say die optimist who loved life and was passionate about speed. Most have seen this epic movie, I've read the book and own the DVD which has the special features and interview with "Tony", who loves the story and the man he portrayed.

Very excellent gearhead stuff in this movie, with a bit of philosophy added. The book touches on the fact that Burt lost his brother at a young age when a tree fell on him, which left him as the remaining twin. He knew how precious life was at that point and was impressed to live life to its fullest. In the movie there is just one scene where he dreams of his brother who died.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rubbish- it is a size difference is the main reasoning. I will be a little more efficient at becoming compact and aerodynamic lol

That movie most definitely inspired me! I have not read the book, but might go search that out, or actually I could most likely find an ibook of it

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Rubbish- it is a size difference is the main reasoning. I will be a little more efficient at becoming compact and aerodynamic lol

That movie most definitely inspired me! I have not read the book, but might go search that out, or actually I could most likely find an ibook of it
Ah that makes sense now. Good luck to you!

Are you going to try it out with your 1198 as well?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not the 1198, but maybe something else :p

I just teamed up with some cool people in the last week!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
T-Rex Racing is already taken unfortunately lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too late- it's salty kitty lol (But yes I love T-Rex's)

Blog's been setup with it and FB and it's all official :p I mean you know if it's on FB it's for real

The Salty Kitty

if anyone has suggestions to make that better lmk.. I'm new to this :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
There is not one photo of you on your site!!

Are you serious? You are the star! you are the attraction! Sell yourself girl!!! A pretty girl in motorsport cant hide behind a helmet. Just sayin!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
^what he said!

This country needs more women and girls like you!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha ok I'll get some pics of me on there.. Maybe I'll do another tab with just pics

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Good luck with the adventure. Always wanted to do the salt lakes. Doing it with NOS will be very awesome! Love to see some nice pics of the event. Cheers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts