Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out here hitting the canyons or PCH? I live right on Topanga, just before Dumetz and see a ton of Ducs riding by. It was the main reason I got a bike again in September; sold my old CBR600RR back in 2012.

My usual routes are Mulholland > Stunt Rd.> Schueren Rd> Piuma> Las Virgenes> Mulholland> Kanan> Latigo... and either take PCH back to Topanga or run it back in reverse.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yep, thats a good route. I don't really "do" the snake because it's so covered in car's/bikes doing crazy shit, I just cruise through that area up to Kanan. But I keep going down Mulholland, staying left at the fork and hit Encinal Canyon to the PCH. Take a right on PCH and re-connect onto Mulholland for the return trip up the hill and back down the snake to the rock store for a water break and then back down Mulholland to Topanga to the 101 and home.

I don't do Latigo on a bike, it's too populated. It's one thing to be racing up and down unpopulated roads, it's another to be whizzing around canyon roads where every hundred yards there is someone's blind driveway. I've had so many close calls on Latigo, I simply don't go there anymore.

I ride many different bikes, so you generally can't look for my bike. However, I have a silver Spidi K2 suit which sticks out like a sore thumb. So if you see someone wearing one of those, it's most likely me.

I also ride Sir Frankie a lot!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't taken Encinal before but I heard it was a nice fast road to Neptunes Net. I usually make the left turn onto Kanan after a go at the snake to hit Latigo.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I haven't taken Encinal before but I heard it was a nice fast road to Neptunes Net. I usually make the left turn onto Kanan after a go at the snake to hit Latigo.
You'd like it, not populated and VERY fast, huge long sweepers that seem to go on forever. Very fast, very fun road. Reminds me of the Sun Valley side of ACH.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You'd like it, not populated and VERY fast, huge long sweepers that seem to go on forever. Very fast, very fun road. Reminds me of the Sun Valley side of ACH.
HA! don't tell everyonnnne!! :ahhh:
Encinal is still unpopulated like Stunt was couple years ago...
and the views are breathtaking!

seriously though, you'll have a blast over there!:highclap:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HA! don't tell everyonnnne!! :ahhh:
Encinal is still unpopulated like Stunt was couple years ago...
and the views are breathtaking!

seriously though, you'll have a blast over there!:highclap:
LOL nice. It's a little farther than I normally like to go but I have to at the very least check it out.

I checked out Decker not too long ago and kinda liked it even though it was pretty far to get to. Speaking of which, that road was fun. Really choppy towards PCH though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I might go for couple of hours sunday morning, ride a quick loop, I'll send you a pm saturday eod if i do!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live by Marina Del Rey, but I'm always headed up to Latigo, Schueren, Stunt, Mulholland, etc. on weekends without rain. I'm thinking of cruising up Saturday if anyone is interested.

Anyone here part of the LA-DOC?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I don't get the service done on the bike this weekend then I'm down for something like that. Let us know.

I was looking into doing that but the one that I saw was in OC. Not sure if that was just the meet up point, but they just met up on the 11th of this month. It was a little chilly outside so I didn't go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds good, I will. Good luck with that service nightmare!

I found it difficult to find at first, so I joined the Fountain Valley, OC one as well. I also missed the Newport meet on the 11th, but it's the same event that will be at Beverly Hills Ducati this Friday. If you're down, here is the Facebook event.

The first meeting of the year for the LA-DOC is the following Sunday. There's also an event the day before at Deus, in Venice, that a lot of guys from the Fountain Valley club are riding to. Here is the Facebook event for that.

If you want to join the LA-DOC, here is the page. It took them a while to respond to my request at first, but January is when they sign up new members and get welcome packets and T-shirts, etc., so they should respond quickly. If not, let me know!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds good, thanks. Well it's not a nightmare yet. I'm still hopeful. The guys seem cool and at the very least entertain correspondence. So far so good. It's really just about my paranoia of possibly pissing them off enough to mess up my bike. I'll for sure come back and give my findings in the next few days.

Pray for me lol

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts