Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I want a set but can't justify the price.

I thought about emailing them about it, but I'd figure I will ask here first.

I've even thought about making some from Home Depot. haha

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
because it's Sato...everything Sato is expensive. And because of supply and demand. It's not a product that they sell in the thousands, so they have to make a relatively small amount and machining is very expensive unless you mass-produce something.

A few years ago I designed my own open clutch cover just because I wanted something different....when I gave the drawings to a local machine shop that I work with a lot, they quoted me somewhere in the $900. Sure enough I bought an EVR from DO for like $120 lol. Just for curiosity I asked the owner of the machine shop how much it would be if I were to order 500 of them. He told me it would be closer to $200/each. So yeah...the more you make, the cheaper shit gets. Also one of the reason Ducatis are overall more expensive than Hondas, Yamahas, etc.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
because it's Sato...everything Sato is expensive. And because of supply and demand. It's not a product that they sell in the thousands, so they have to make a relatively small amount and machining is very expensive unless you mass-produce something.

A few years ago I designed my own open clutch cover just because I wanted something different....when I gave the drawings to a local machine shop that I work with a lot, they quoted me somewhere in the $900. Sure enough I bought an EVR from DO for like $120 lol. Just for curiosity I asked the owner of the machine shop how much it would be if I were to order 500 of them. He told me it would be closer to $200/each. So yeah...the more you make, the cheaper shit gets. Also one of the reason Ducatis are overall more expensive than Hondas, Yamahas, etc.
Machine time / set up and the programing. But if done in the right window the actual cost is very cheap.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, I can't believe why i even asked this question. It's the same thing with my truck. There isn't a lot of parts out there and if there is they are expensive. Our throttle bodies, no one makes one. But, I bought one for like $1200 because someone had to fab new wiring from a chevy and it was only one person doing this. So, i can understand.

lol, there is actually a few chevy parts on my truck. haha

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
The Sato hooks for the Duc are a tad more expensive because the others just have drilled bolt holes where as the Duc hooks are threaded like the stock passenger pegs are.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts