Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, please beware of individuals who, after seeing a WTB ad will send an email informing you that an aquaintance of theirs has what you are looking for. If you choose to respond to the referral, ask the second party to give you a brief description of the item. If they hesitate to do so, you are most likely being scammed. This happened to me yesterday. If you give them enough time they will research the item and send you a word for word description from an Ebay ad or another source. Try to get them to call you or tell them "no deal" yiu will receive a call from an East Indian sounding individual who will argue with you that he cannot be a scammer because he was reffered by another member. BEWARE!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Huh,like to drop kick these A-holes right in the ballz.......Thanks big E...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Happened to me on here as well. Was looking for a slipper clutch and got two referrals to email guys. Seemed a bit suspicious as the price point was way too low (if it's too good to be true...). Asked for a pic then did a Google image search on it and sure enough one was a pic of a slipper for sale in 2015 the other was a slipper for sale in Australia for much much more. When I checked the Users that directed me to those two scammers I saw they had joined within the last 12 hours. So clearly joined just to scam me specifically. Beware.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im a new member and it has really soured me on making purchases on this site. I have had two other similar messages today from someone who knows somebody that has one for sale. Guess I'll just stick to Ebay. Sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts