Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lift back of seat cushion forward so you can see the bolts, just hold it there and undo.
Simple as.

It's in the owners manual you know :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tanks yellow, I could find removing the fairing pg71 but no seat and tank. I saw the 2 screws under the seat foam and was looking in the compartment as well for something figured that was it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just read users manual (more like a guide) supplied with bike and the PDF dowload from this site. both the same and only have fairing removal as far as I can see. Is there a workshop manual available? If there is will someone upload it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes two screws to remove seat easy peezy, seat just pulls back from front clips. Need to do this to fir pillion pegs from under seat.

As for the tank you need to remove the rear cylinder covers then one screw from rear of tank. No need to remove the cowling around key the tank just slides back like the seat. There is 2 Quick release fuel lines and a plug to disconect. Do it with an empty tank as fuel will come out. stand tank agaist wall with the oulets up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
yellow900 said:
Lift back of seat cushion forward so you can see the bolts, just hold it there and undo.
Simple as.
Thanks. I knew if I strolled down "memory lane" someone will have answered my Q?

[/QUOTE]It's in the owners manual you know
[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the Chinese section, but not in the English part...

Now to go find out how to replace the clock (instrument) cover with a CF one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
slob said:
Yes two screws to remove seat easy peezy, seat just pulls back from front clips. Need to do this to fir pillion pegs from under seat.

As for the tank. Do it with an empty tank as fuel will come out. stand tank agaist wall with the oulets up.
Is it different from the 900SS ones - just close the petcock (round screw)?

regards
jangg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 999 and I need to show the emission label located on the airbox under the gas tank at the California DMV so I can register the bike. Is there some way to just lift the gas tank without having to empty and disconnect it from the fuel lines? Will it lift up a little with the lines attached? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts