Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2013 Evo Corse SE. I absolutely love the bike. I love it so much, I do not want to sell it to get another one, I will buy another. I think it is an instant classic. Been racking up the miles since I bought it and want something else to eat up the mileage. What I am looking for is a bike I could put lots of miles on, comfortable, has good handling, perferably a Duc. I do the majority of my mileage on the highway, with some twisties thrown in as well on the weekends. Also would prefer a used Duc, since this bike would become more the daily ride. Do not do track days. A Monster 796/1100 evo sounds appealing, but I also like a Kawi zx14 as well for longer rides. A streetfighter 848 would be great as well, but afraid it would be too similar to my Evo. Any assistance would be appreciated, especially those that have more than 1 bike.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Monster is perfect. Honestly, I stopped riding my superbikes on the street the moment I invested in a nice upright bike. They're A LOT easier to ride and more comfortable to boot. Most of my friends who bought naked bikes, rarely ride their sportbikes anymore, what's the point? Today's naked bikes are pretty fast and mix that with ease of riding, better gas mileage and smoothness of a more standard bike, it's a win-win.

Ohh and the streetfigher is different due to the swing arm length, but it's the same riding position pretty much.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monster is perfect. Honestly, I stopped riding my superbikes on the street the moment I invested in a nice upright bike. They're A LOT easier to ride and more comfortable to boot. Most of my friends who bought naked bikes, rarely ride their sportbikes anymore, what's the point? Today's naked bikes are pretty fast and mix that with ease of riding, better gas mileage and smoothness of a more standard bike, it's a win-win.

Ohh and the streetfigher is different due to the swing arm length, but it's the same riding position pretty much.
Thanks Tuned. That is exactly what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Be careful. I have a HD Streetglide. Got the 899 as a fun 2nd bike. Hardly touch the HD. Rides like a tank in comparison. Plus I lost 5 lbs

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Standard or up right bikes put a lot of pressure on the lower back. They hurt me. I had a 696 but it sat more than it was ridden so I sold it.

The 848 is the perfect bike to wrack up the mileage. It's what they like. Mines currently getting some suspension work and chassis busings/bearings replaced so I'm on a Triumph D675 in the interim till the 848 is done. I want to get it over the 100,000K mark by end of this season.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Forgot to mention that the Streetfighter 848 is quite a bit different than the Superbike. Would be a perfect pair to have both.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i ride a Hyper 796 on the streets and the 848 is the track piece. Although, I do keep the 848 registered in case I ever get the itch to put it on the street. The Hyper is a blast and remains very comfortable to ride long distances.
My buddy rides an 848 and SF in the same manner as well. I think you'd enjoy either of those (HM or SF).
I tried the 848 on the street, and after 20-30 min of riding, I realize how unsuited the Superbike is for long commutes; or, maybe it's just my old back and wrists that are unsuited for the 848.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got a few in the garage...

The 1098S is mainly for track duty.

The Tuono is my main street bike, I prefer the more upright seating position on the street.

The Multistrada is my sports tourer.

The KTM 300 is my dirt bike.

The others are just bikes I'm going to keep, with the exception of the 675.

Reactions: white_duc89

·
Registered
564 Posts
Meh, just get another "normal" 848 to take all the miles. I thought of getting a naked bike as a 2nd one a couple months ago, then wound up with a 748s...I'm not sure how it happened either.

Reactions: 182 Racing

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Diavel. Just go ride one then come back here and let us know what you think....

You're gonna be amazed at how awesome it is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ridden a Divael. The first 5 minutes with it, not a fan. As soon as got it into a corner, I became a fan. Lots of power, great handling, fast bike. Might need to get back on one.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
It's the perfect 2up machine you can rip around on when you're by yourself!!! I'm thinking about one with a mini backrest for my girl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was in the opposite position you were in. I had an 899 and I bought a 2013 848 Evo Corse SE as a second bike. I really like them both, I will give the edge to the 899 because I like how it handles a little more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was in the opposite position you were in. I had an 899 and I bought a 2013 848 Evo Corse SE as a second bike. I really like them both, I will give the edge to the 899 because I like how it handles a little more.
I actually thought about this as well, buying an 899. Took one out on a test drive, really liked it. Looking for a bike I could ride 2up, would like to have my daughters ride with me. That would be easier to get a second bike past my wife. She is very understanding but she does have her limits. 2 bikes in the garage is hard to justify in her eyes. A second bike, one that she could jump on saves me a great deal of trouble in the long run. Add the utility of having my daughters ride with me and its a win!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.