Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 150 miles riding on the first day I notice nothing wrong, I set the trip and clock in the parking lot of the dealer and I'm on my way out with my new purchase to go to some back roads in Florida.

Next day, I put the key in the bike start it, notive everything has been reset... Thinking to my self it's probably nothing and reset my clock, and fill up at a gas station. Turn the bike back on everythings reset again... this is really annoying considering there is no gas gauge and I like to know the time. Called the dealer and they were to busy to call me back.

Any idea at all guys?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not sure what that is exactly but I am finding all kinds of little electrical gremlins on mine. Like, hi-beam will come on by itself and you can't turn it off, engine light when cooling fan comes on/off, low gas light comes on/off etc...

Cycle the power and problem goes away ... then it returns ... repeat.
I'm taking mine in next week but I am going to venture out and guess they will say "we can't reproduce the problem so bring it back if it happens again".

Seems like you can replicate yours so take it in and show them. Or at least record it so they can see it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
hi-beam will come on by itself and you can't turn it off

I had this problem and didn't realize you turn off the high-beam by pressing down on the switch. Not pulling it towards you but pressing down on it. This isn't in the manual.

Pjk

·
Registered
375 Posts
hi-beam will come on by itself and you can't turn it off

I had this problem and didn't realize you turn off the high-beam by pressing down on the switch. Not pulling it towards you but pressing down on it. This isn't in the manual.

Pjk
I feel dumb! You know, first time it happened, I tried pushing the switch, holding it pulled etc but nothing worked. Maybe it was the angle from the riding position or whatever but I just went to the garage and sure enough, I was able to push it down. Thanks for that! :)

·
Court Jester
12,081 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the light on dash at 600miles for those that refuse to use dealers

Jpdiag a few threads around on how to get it install it and use it. all free except for time.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jpdiag a few threads around on how to get it install it and use it. all free except for time.
Any specific threads for M821? Last time I looked, none of them could confirm that software and/or hardware works for these bikes/ECU's.

Interestingly enough, when I passed 600 miles, I didn't get the reminder light :confused:

·
Court Jester
12,081 Posts
Any specific threads for M821? Last time I looked, none of them could confirm that software and/or hardware works for these bikes/ECU's.

Interestingly enough, when I passed 600 miles, I didn't get the reminder light :confused:
Looks like you have to confirm the ECU number..

How to: DucatiDiag

I would download the software and check it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.