Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost race time and no Sepang thread?? :wtf: What's going on?

Anyway...another day in the world of Marc Marquez. Crash in practice, swaps bikes, sets new record at Sepang, and with that also sets a new record for most pole positions in a season! No big deal! :p

Anyone got any predictions? Not sure how the weather's going to be but assuming a dry race, my guess is there will be a decent fight at the front between Marquez, Pedrosa and Lorenzo.

Moto 3 should be interesting! Miller dominated qualifying, but we all know that usually don't mean shit for the race.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Moto 3 WAS interesting.:)
Yes it was... Indeed..
Down to the wire we go. Today was an example of why I love that class. In the past, Miller seemed to have a hard time with this kind of fight. Relying on race direction to be involved and sort things out from the sidelines..

I prefer to see the guys go at it like today..
Reminds myself of the 'ol days of 500's..
I was ok with Rainey and Schwantz not liking each other. I was ok with seeing all of the guys trying to lay claim to the same lines. A little aggressive at times? Sure..
But it was what I loved about the racing back then.
Today was a good day.. And Valencia should be an excellent race. Rivalries are born, and will eventually be bringing this fire to the GP class.

Speaking about the GP class? I remember when Marc first showed up.. Some of those guys wanted to keep the gentlemans game of the Stoner, Jorge, Dani days.. Rossi seemed to enjoy the fire that Marc brought.. Absorbed some of it.. Liked the way that Marc enjoyed an aggressive approach.

Marc has matured a little, the others have raised their game.. And Rossi is enjoying his time on the box once again.

I am really looking forward to the next few years. See how Miller goes? Rabat when he arrives.. Along with younger Marquez. Rivalries, and good racing to come.
We see how an older Rossi deals with new fire, and we shall see more and more how the other "middle aged" guys deal with these guys coming up. Full of fire, and wanting those seats.

Add to that? A competitive Ducati?
Yep, bring on '15:popcorn:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
They did. Apparently they decided "no issue", and warned both guys not to carry a grudge to Valencia.
yeah right!! Valencia Moto3 will be one for the ages!! Can't wait. Donna must be liking their chops over their good fortune!! First Mark and now Alex in a super show down with the equally talented Jack Kelly!!! Wow! Saw his pit board... did it really say "JackAss"???

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good racing again! Moto 2 was a bit boring, but the other ones were great. A lot of crashes again in the GP class, but at least it wasn't the front runners (aside from Pedrosa who managed to crash twice!).

Moto 3 didn't fail to bring the excitement once again. I feel like Alex kind of got the shaft during all those battles. Every time he and Miller touched, Miller went ahead and Alex dropped back 2-3 spots. It's nice to see aggressive riding like that as long as it doesn't result in crashes, and it'll be nice to have the championship go down to the last race again. However, it'll be hard to beat the way the season ended last year with 3 guys going into the last race covered by 5 points, and winner takes all! And came down to the very last turn! Marquez needs to finish on the podium to win for sure.

Reactions: Boltznnuts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Miller was quite amazing in Moto3… I'd say it was one of his best rides of the season. I can see why he was so pumped up afterwards, he made one small mistake on the last corner, but he did such a good race anyway. Honestly, either way, Valencia is going to be unbelievable. I have a feeling Miller will do everything he can to keep Alex behind him, including testing the patience of race direction. I have a feeling the championship is already over and it's semi-upsetting Miller will be going into MotoGP without having won a Moto3 title.

MotoGP ain't done yet either, Rossi needs to beat Lorenzo at Valencia, a track he doesn't go well at. Marc also mentioned the stress is off because the team has the constructors in the bag. He plans on having a non-stressed, relaxed race. So Valencia in 2 weeks time will for sure have some fireworks with a "relaxed" Marc and a very stressed/busy Rossi. Should be a doozy!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are still some positions to be decided. In MotoGP, 2nd place is still up for grabs, but Lorenzo will have to work really hard for that, unless Rossi has a problem. He's 12 points behind. In Moto 2, Vinales could still get 2nd but he'd have to beat Kallio by 16 points I think, which would be pretty tough, unless Kallio has a problem as well. In Moto 3, everything is still yet to be decided. I sort of feel bad for Rins though, because he was so close last year, only losing the championship in the very last turn on the last lap, ultimately losing it by just a few points, and after his 2 main contenders moved up to Moto 2, you would've thought he'd be right up there now again...but he's not even a championship contender anymore, and could potentially lose 3rd place as well (doubtful).

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Yeah, In my op, Rins just needs to sit back and let Marquez and Kelly bang each other!!! If this unfolds like the last race, there will be no break away winner, as they will be bumpin and rubbin the whole race!! It will be very easy to get caught up in that mess. Matter of thinking, 15/20 laps is a long race!! A lot of the line. Cooler heads will prolly prevail.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
In Valencia, all that Alex Marquez has to do is follow Miller..
Finish right behind him and it is over.

Kids will be kids, adrenaline will be up.. But Miller's head games will only go so far.

I am sure that Marc will remember these tactics as well, saying hello to Miller when he arrives on the big bike.

Rossi has to do the same.. Just finish on the box..
That would seal second no matter who wins..

Reactions: WERA689 and 219R

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Marc Marquez made a good comment about Alex in the post race press conference when asked about the Moto3 race. He simply said, he has faith in Alex to make it happen. At this point, Miller has made more mistakes and I really think Alex has it in the bag…

1 - 16 of 16 Posts