Ducati.org forum banner

"SERV" dash question....

12K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  ASM 
#1 ·
i had my 1st service done just before 1000km, so when it actually hit 1000km, my dash showed the "SERV" indicator. i've just had termi slip-ons/ECU installed and the dash is STILL showing SERV (although the ECU was replaced). is this something that is stored in the dash itself? seems strange that it would still be showing when the ECU was swapped out...

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure it automatically flashes that when it hits the 1000km. Mine started flashing "SERV" as soon as I passed 600mi or whenever the first check is due. Mine has been flashing "SERV" since she was due for the first service but since I did my own oil change and never brought it in, the light was never turned off. I am now due for my 7500 mi service, so the dealer will just turn it off when they do all their work.

#4 ·
i'll try and remember to ask them next time i'm in...i guess it's part of the "dash" (which might be obvious as it's linked to the mileage). for some reason i assumed it was associated with the ECU, but that wouldn't make sense as you can swap ECU's as the bike still has record of the kms travelled...duh. :eek:

#7 ·
its a 5 min job, just take it back to where it was serviced and they should just reset it for you, easy.

#8 ·
I shipped my bike over to Germany...drained the radiator, oil, gas, disconnected battery. Got it here after two months and replaced the liquids, recharged the battery, but now the serv light is on. Only 1200 miles....why would the service light come on?

#9 ·
For those with their 1st "Serv" indicator flashing, it takes the dealer about 10 minutes to hook up the service computer and reset the system. If they initially serviced your bike before the Serv warning came on, they should reset it at no charge for you.

As to why the Serv indicator would come on after shipping and reconnecting of power, I have no clue. Maybe it defaults to Serv after power disconnect, anticipating needed dealer servicing because of power interrupt?...just guessing...

#10 ·
I rode in with mine just over 600 miles so I could have the light turned off. I picked it up and didn't notice until I got home the SERV light was on. So I don't know if my dealer didn't do it or if it didn't come on right at 600miles? Is it common to not come on right at the 600 or 1500 mark?

#14 ·
My Serv indicator first came on at about 640 miles, after the first service. Dealer service manager pre-warned me that it would come on and just bring the bike back in. Did that, it took them 10 minutes to hook up the computer and reset it. Service manager said its not consistent, that they see the indicators usually come on between about 610 and 650 miles.

#16 ·
Well...I don't know whether it actually has intelligence built in monitoring the way you ride and thus calculates the best service point based on these parameters...never heard of such a thing in a bike though....I know my car does that....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.