Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone unable to reset their service light indicator after their service from the dealer? My mechanic was unable to reset the light using the correct software. Does the odometer have to surpass the service interval to be reset? Bike is a '12 1098SF S w/7491 miles on it that went in for its 7500 mile service. Thanks in advance, sorry if this has been discussed, checked with search and did not see anything like this. Also sorry for being away for so long!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone unable to reset their service light indicator after their service from the dealer? My mechanic was unable to reset the light using the correct software. Does the odometer have to surpass the service interval to be reset? Bike is a '12 1098SF S w/7491 miles on it that went in for its 7500 mile service. Thanks in advance, sorry if this has been discussed, checked with search and did not see anything like this. Also sorry for being away for so long!
Yes the dash has to display the service message you cannot reset it before it comes on.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service icon is currently on, and the 7500 mile service was completed. However the service tech was unable to turn the service icon off after completing the maintenance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The service icon is currently on, and the 7500 mile service was completed. However the service tech was unable to turn the service icon off after completing the maintenance.
I have not seen this happen so I am at a loss. You are telling me he is using DDS software right? If so he can clear the message for sure. I do not have any other ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you had the service done before you got to 7500 miles the service light wouldn't have lit. If you've now gone over 7500 miles just go back to your dealer and have them reset it. You may be able to reset it through free software. I don't have a currant monster so I don't know if that can be done on your model.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you had the service done before you got to 7500 miles the service light wouldn't have lit. If you've now gone over 7500 miles just go back to your dealer and have them reset it. You may be able to reset it through free software. I don't have a currant monster so I don't know if that can be done on your model.
It's a couple of minute job and a ducati quirk - My dealer does this for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts