Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just wrapped my exhaust pipes with thermo tape (pictures coming) and find the OEM heat shield guard obsolete.
I always disliked the look anyway and I am not gonna comment further more on the right foot position problem.

Does anyone here installed the Rizoma (FG071B) heel guard ? Ducati Rizoma Streetfighter Heel Guard

It seems it now comes with an upper guard as well. Will this kit help with the foot position problem ?
Also, will the upper guard prevent my right boot from touching the pipe ? (I almost always ride with my toes on the pegs.. Even with the tape on, I fear a melted boot.)
I am not sure if the kit comes with pre-installed heat reflective padding in the back like the stock shield have. Does it need it ?

If anyone have another solution or know another aftermarket part that could do the job let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS Keju.
Do you mostly ride with your toes on pegs too ? Seems that these Rizoma parts will fit any header pipes as yours don't seems to be the stock ones.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you don't mind the giant heatshield, a 17mm spacers on the right rearset will do the job...I've done that on my bike

·
Registered
457 Posts
The lower piece actually still interferes with my heel at times when I'm in my toes. I have to adjust from time to time. Still better than the stock heat shield, though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
..... and done. Thanks for the tip. Now what brand should I go for a lower radiator guard ??

If you don't want your exhaust piping to rust, I suggest you spray can ceramic coat paint the outside of it (and make sure it's dry before wrapping it).

If you want that exhaust wrap to last longer, as well as absorb less water and lessen the chance of exhaust rust, I suggest you treat it with the exhaust wrap spray.

Just a couple pointers based on my personal experience with wrapping headers on race cars.

Otherwise, looks good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts