Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi about 6 months ago i disconnected my battery and when i reconnected it didn't turn on my traction control, i have a track day tomorrow and went to take it for a ride so i set my traction control to 6 just to make sure everything was working.
As i took of the shift light was coming on at about 3000 to 4000 revs through 1st 2nd 3rd gears making the bike jerk and splutter, after about 4 streets came home switched of the traction contol and tried again. No light coming on at low revs and bike runs fine, i would like to see if it is going to happen when the traction control is set on other levels but don't want to play with it until after the track day tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you fixed it, i shall have it looked at when i go to the shop next time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi about 6 months ago i disconnected my battery and when i reconnected it didn't turn on my traction control, i have a track day tomorrow and went to take it for a ride so i set my traction control to 6 just to make sure everything was working.
As i took of the shift light was coming on at about 3000 to 4000 revs through 1st 2nd 3rd gears making the bike jerk and splutter, after about 4 streets came home switched of the traction contol and tried again. No light coming on at low revs and bike runs fine, i would like to see if it is going to happen when the traction control is set on other levels but don't want to play with it until after the track day tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you fixed it, i shall have it looked at when i go to the shop next time.
You sure it not the traction control kicking in as i think it lights the Shift light when fully cutting in and cutting fuel and spark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was happening going in a straight line in 1st 2nd and 3rd taking off from a start very light throttle, when the bike got to about 3500 revs 2 or 3 shift lights would come on even after i shifted they would come on and off and the bike would splutter
Oh by the way the bike is a 1098R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts